Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have them all. Really pisses me off the first service rep I had was a POS and I actually did a AG complaint on him. Then found another one closer and she was great but came down with Cancer. Her replacement I used to work with all is good right! Well he stopped servicing this area and I ust found out when I called him a few weeks ago so now to Harrisburg and deal with a new guy!

If you want something f*cked up, the government is the right place to go.... :rolleyes: :mad:

Does anyone know how long factory ubolts are for an 8-3/4??? Or how long of ubolts I should purchase?

I just call mancini and they send me the right ones...

Spring U-bolts

When I was driving my 68 Barracuda fastback daily driver (factory 318 car), the third 7 1/4" axle failure that I had the driver side axle shaft came out with the tire still attached and passed me on the shoulder of the highway at 55 MPH, the Mancini u-bolts were a little longer than stock and saved me some damage.... The extra length kept the axle from hitting the road and damaging the axle and brake backing plate, and just ground down the u-bolt some.... Luckily no quarter panel damage either (also thanks to the super stock leaf springs)... The gear lube that was leaking out caught on fire, but luckily I had an old towel in the back and was able to douse the fire out with it... :eek: :mad:

It was only a 318 with 9:1 compression, stock 340 cam, 600 cfm 4 bbl, stock exhaust manifolds, and dual exhaust.... That was the third axle that broke on me in four years.... While sitting on the side of the highway waiting for the tow truck, I decided then and there not to go with another 7 1/4" axle and went to an 8 3/4" axle... I never broke that axle and put over 150,000 k miles on it....

Now I only run 8 3/4" axles in my a-bodies....
drive.gif

Last edited:
:BangHead:Today will suck have to meet with my NEW VA rep to straighten out my service dates. This will be fun they have me in the USN when I was Air guard, no record of active service at all and Just two month deployments with the guard. No wonder why my claims were denied! just happened to find it out when the va sent a letter saying I might be edible for a program based on my service dates! :wtf::wtf::mob:

Good luck...

You can provide power through any power points inside the car. If you can plug your phone or any other device in, you can provide power back through that port to power the vehicle.
All good, IF you can get inside the car. Battery was stone cold dead, electric locks would not work.

All good, IF you can get inside the car. Battery was stone cold dead, electric locks would no work.
And you can charge the Battery but no way you are going to jump start thru those small wires going to the power point. The charger I was using is a charger/starter. But you have a point, I could have got it out of gear and released the brake. got hood open then....Good thinking....

Well if not this time, its time to call for congressional support. Seen that work many times.

Going over their heads to get things resolved usually works...

It helped me get the insurance company off their *** when I complained to the BBB and state insurance board on them taking two months to settle my claim...

I got the money to fix the car, now I'm waiting for the reimbursement check for the rental car... We'll see if they cover both months or just one....

Friend of the wife broke ankle. Took her husband an hour to get her in the house when they came home from hospital....I was going to build a wheelchair ramp with wood but remembered someone tried to give me an aluminum one last summer (wanted it out of his way, lol). Texted and he still had it. Picked it up yesterday. Its 10ft long aluminum and will carry 600lb, but a bit wavy to walk on. So I am making some supports for under it. Will probably take it down and set it up tomorrow.

You gotta love it when a plan comes together.... :thumbsup:

Those are a joke if the batt is completely dead. No way they can supply the kind of amperage needed to start with flat Batt.
They are not designed to do an instant jump, they just allow you to slowly charge the battery and/or get enough power to operated the electrical systems like doors, etc.

And they do work to get enough power to start the car. My SRT battery was dead and I used ours to get enough charge back to start it. It took about 20 mins of connection before it fired up.

-
Back