Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here's what we got today....

DSC00934 B.JPG

DSC00936 B.JPG

DSC00940 B.JPG

DSC00941 B2.jpg

And for dinner - salmon,country style ribs, asparagas, and a smoothie....

DSC00945 B.JPG

DSC00947 B.JPG

And for the smoothie...

DSC00961 B.JPG

DSC00963 B.JPG

OK laughin' boy :p
IIRC all MP bars painted green are clocked 30*, center to flat.
View attachment 1715320073

If are so, then there's no left or right.
I agree this adjustment will not work with the bars you have.
View attachment 1715320070

I think the clocking will work.
Take the load off and unwind the adjuster screw as far as you can. Remove the clip and slip the bars out far enpough to see if you can reinstall it with control arm and adjuster hanging lower than it was when you slid the bar out.
If needed to rotate it more, remove the rubber bumper. That should let you reinstall it with the adjuster arm 30 degrees closer to the adjuster bolt.
The Mopar performance .920 bars are marked right and left and have to be installed on the correct side. Other than that, you can’t screw up. They go in, and you dial them up to the correct height and adjust the front end alignment. Done.

If you are hitting the A-arm bumpers, they are not adjusted up to the correct height. Dial them up.

The Mopar performance .920 bars are marked right and left
That would make sense since they are close to stock diameter. The ones I bought are as I posted (but they are also larger diameter). It may have been that the ones over .990 got the 30 degree clocking - its been 20 years - so its all fuzzy now!
Still I've seen people have problems - I think in part because they don't let the arm and adjuster hang in droop.

That would make sense since they are close to stock diameter. The ones I bought are as I posted (but they are also larger diameter). It may have been that the ones over .990 got the 30 degree clocking - its been 20 years - so its all fuzzy now!
Still I've seen people have problems - I think in part because they don't let the arm and adjuster hang in droop.
With the MP bars, if there are issues it is usually because the adjusters are shot or the plates the bolts go into are bent. Mine were which is why I bought new QA1 adjuster sets when I bought the .920 MP bars. I knew they were fubar before I got the new stuff because the stock left side wouldn’t dial up any further but the right side would. The left side plate was bent into an arc instead of being flat.

You can not screw up with the MP bars, left and right only...the rest either goes in or it doesn’t. If it goes in, it’s right. The issue people have is always with the height adjustment, nothing else.

The whole “clocking” torsion bars makes no sense to me. There is a right side and a left side with opposite end-to-end twist. But each end is a symmetrical hexagon with equal degree off set to the rear on each face.

That means each end has points exactly 60 degrees away from each other. In order to get the front A-arm out of position. You would need the suspension to to be off by 60 degrees from side to side (the rear mount is fixed with zero travel).

In order for the front suspension to be off by 60 degrees from side to side, one wheel would need to be at least 12” higher than other. Otherwise, there is no such thing as “clocking” a symmetrical hexagon within a few inches of A arm travel.

Like I said, if it goes in with both sides hanging about the same, it is right. Everything else is in the adjusters to get the front end to the correct height and level size to side. Alignment does the rest.

Gee, thank you for appreciating the artwork.

Next time, I will just keep it to myself and not share what I do.
You took me wrong, I was just saying that it is not a 65 and in fact a 66.

I didn't comment on the image itself but if I did, i would say that it is brilliant and captures the 60s vibe and Chrysler couldn't have done it better themselves

Had some excitement here tonight. We were under tornado warning for about 15 minutes. Got the dog to walk down the basement steps for the first time. (she's 4 years old)lol

Hey Ray, feeling better??

WARNING Post with pic coming up brace yourself!!

Last edited:
Of course....hey I know fly out on space A and lay on a beach somewhere for a few days. R&R they call it. :p

sunblock.jpg

Might try to rent a place for a week next year with the AFVC, near a beach of course!

We talk about it but never go. The kids in Japan and Cheryl are talking a get together in Hawaii next year.

I want to hit a AFVC sometime in the Florida gulf area. Was down there a month for training before the last deployment and enjoyed the area.

Get off of Oahu you can get a cabin near the volcano at Kiluea Military Camp. Pretty much near everything. Was close to where we lived I used to bring the kids up there all the time to play. Best view of the volcano anywhere also.

I want to hit a AFVC sometime in the Florida gulf area. Was down there a month for training before the last deployment and enjoyed the area.
Gets really unbearable in that area in the summer. Was at Biloxy for 8 months of school right through the summer. Was horrible. Spring and fall was great!

-
Back