Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I met a couple mopar guys today.
One had a bumper i was after and the other had a pair of rally wheels for sale cheap! Both pleasant guys.
One is a member here on the forum.

Aaaand here’s something you dont see every day..
3259241A-C3A1-4DF8-BA2A-04A3C2ACE321.jpeg

Aparrently it cruises right along, its quite popular on the river.

Man finding used / cheap tires locally is a PITA

Man finding used / cheap tires locally is a PITA
One of the economic indicators are........New tire sales. When times are good and people are optimistic, Tire sales are good. When not, they keep tires as long as they can, then buy used. Bringing the supply of good cheap used tire down.

Just put my last decent set on the dart.
Barracuda is getting new. Just over 120 apiece my cost.

One of the economic indicators are........New tire sales. When times are good and people are optimistic, Tire sales are good. When not, they keep tires as long as they can, then buy used. Bringing the supply of good cheap used tire down.
yes and no. The last tire shop around here that resales used tires closed the Day before Thanksgiving last year. None of the other shops will due to the liability.

O I have those on the Sattelite. New in 1979! Round and sort of hold air, beyond that, not much!!:lol:
lol somehow I don’t think those will fit these

075E9D7C-5A5E-4F42-83C2-3BA879496410.jpeg

Just put my last decent set on the dart.
Barracuda is getting new. Just over 120 apiece my cost.
The new ones I plan on running for the dart.. 337.96 per tire, plus mounting at 8 bucks per

So when times are shakey, would that drive new tire prices down a bit because they are going to have to run better sales more often to bring sales up a bit. ????

I am to the point where my junk yard tires are getting so aged and dry rotted, I have no choice but to replace a lot of them now.

In the old days I could be hillbilly and get by but now hillbilly is just not enough. The extreme dry climate here really dry rots them out. I had a blow out moving a car in the yard at like 3 mph.

So when times are shakey, would that drive new tire prices down a bit because they are going to have to run better sales more often to bring sales up a bit. ????
Depends. It’ll come down to supply and demand. If they get a surplus, then yeah, expect some good sales.

However, take the 2008/2009 recession. We bought one tractor a set of tires that July of 08. Paid 700 per tire for the 4 rears. The very same tire for that tractors twin, 8 months later, 1400 per tire. Why? Because Obama places a huge tariff on AG tires manufacturers that were importing to the US, nearly doubling the price off AG tires.

Most tires i was saving are now junk. More of a hassle to look for decent tires, and the piles never get smaller.
I decided to clean them up and try not to build up a collection.

One of the bellwether indicators to watch in economic downturn is when new tire sales rebound. Really. After all, you can run used crappy tires a long time..

I am to the point where my junk yard tires are getting so aged and dry rotted, I have no choice but to replace a lot of them now.

In the old days I could be hillbilly and get by but now hillbilly is just not enough. The extreme dry climate here really dry rots them out. I had a blow out moving a car in the yard at like 3 mph.
We deal with this on our hay wagons. We linked it to Air temp. We started making sure that we didn’t fill the tires up with air in the morning when it was 75 degrees if it was forecasted to reach 100 plus. Mainly because of the weight combined with the expansion from the temperature swing would cause them to explode

Depends. It’ll come down to supply and demand. If they get a surplus, then yeah, expect some good sales.

However, take the 2008/2009 recession. We bought one tractor a set of tires that July of 08. Paid 700 per tire for the 4 rears. The very same tire for that tractors twin, 8 months later, 1400 per tire. Why? Because Obama places a huge tariff on AG tires manufacturers that were importing to the US, nearly doubling the price off AG tires.
Part of what drives inflation...

-
Back