Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just got back from a goodwill mission the Ram and I. New house going in down the street. Kid and his co-worker on the house and cute girlfriend with very dead battery. The Camaro, not the girlfriend had the dead battery. They said it had been sitting for a while over here, they from waaayyy out of town. It just now dawned on me that the bloody electronics that run 24/7 were probably what kilt it. Remind me to get one of those solar battery tenders when I plan on letting the Ram sit for a week or so. Made it back before the last ice cube melted in the adult beverage :lol:

Dang, it's starting to get dark outside sooner than it did.

I just got home from work and last month I would get home and still have some outdoors time. Today i got home as the sun was setting and the street lights were coming on.

Long live summer

Dang, it's starting to get dark outside sooner than it did.

I just got home from work and last month I would get home and still have some outdoors time. Today i got home as the sun was setting and the street lights were coming on.

Long live summer
The King is dead, Long live the King! ........get it?

Well, look at the time...
It’s

B6FADEAE-7969-4D4C-9FD5-A6DFC4132C56.jpeg

Hey Craig, where ya been? Have not seen you in a bit for coffee.
Oh been busy. Trying to take a break and do something different other than the cars. After a while they seem to wear you out.
Been a nice summer lots of travel and car shows. We've had a great time.

Oh been busy. Trying to take a break and do something different other than the cars. After a while they seem to wear you out.
Been a nice summer lots of travel and car shows. We've had a great time.
I hear you finally get a bit of a distributor break, actually getting boring. Did all the I need it now stuff, a lot of custom curves lately. Going back to the speed shop to change out a meter on his tester.

I hear you finally get a bit of a distributor break, actually getting boring. Did all the I need it now stuff, a lot of custom curves lately. Going back to the speed shop to change out a meter on his tester.
Yep I need to do a few things done around the house and yard.
We will have house guest in a few weeks, and between the two groups they'll be staying here for five weeks.
All family, and we're looking forward to it.

Have to go to shop, check stock on oil and filters, its a week of oil changes. Going to be sickening.
Lose money,and some arent that easy.
Buddy is off all week, bugging to go fishing. Will see what weather is like.

So after being left on the roadside in the Demon on Sunday fiasco...I changed to a 750 Holley vacuum secondary carb from my son's rat rod for the short term. It ran pretty well, didn't die at all but still has quite a stumble under load off idle. Seems like an accelerator pump issue/adjustment/cc issue. Bogged when attempting a burn out and a stumble if just idling and a sharp wide open throttle stab. It made the whole trip that it didn't make on Sunday and transision driving down the road was really good. I can't believe how hot the hood and fender tops get from the fenderwell headers. Almost too hot to touch. There is no insulation on the hood but maybe there should be? As for the fenders, with no inner fenders, I thought there would be enough air flow to keep them cool but no way. Header wrap or ???? thoughts??

-
Back