Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What's everyone doing today ??
Nobody invited me to a Cookout.. Boohoo
Finished sanding my top deck. My daughter and I are going to ride over to the car show for a look-see. Probably stop at Home Depot and get some more Cedar finish ( I think it's included in their sale, $10off per gallon) Maybe come back and burn some hot dogs...

Working on my capital gains spreadsheet from a real estate sale that will go to the accountant in February.
Thawing razor clams to go with my ribeye for surf-n-turf dinner. Planning my "steelie" chase for next week.

Wife just got back from Wallyworld, you can't make this sh*** up. Folks were shucking corn down to the cob and then tossing them in cart so as not to pay the husk weight. Tossed the husk back on produce shelf. And she wonders why I won't go in there, so I just wait outside and sit in the truck. At least she rolls the window down for me.

Hey @ZMan67S do you know what Cam shaft was installed in your 383?
I could get a great recommendation, but between all those here you don't need any help with a cam selection.
Are you going to take it back original??
If so put that Carter carbuertor at the top of the need to find list.
Took me about six months to find a 1967 383 4 speed Carter (4298s).

Last edited:
Wife just got back from Wallyworld, you can't make this sh*** up. Folks were shucking corn down to the cob and then tossing them in cart so as not to pay the husk weight. Tossed the husk back on produce shelf. And she wonders why I won't go in there, so I just wait outside and sit in the truck. At least she rolls the window down for me.
They sell it by weight? Our Giant sets up a trash can and bags so you can do that. And if you get an ugly one you can leave it. But it’s sold by quantity.

Last edited:
Got tech question for the Coffee Crew, How much does oil viscosity affect fuel mileage on these old school engines?

Got tech question for the Coffee Crew, How much does oil viscosity affect fuel mileage on these old school engines?
Nearly none. The difference in resistance from different viscosity oil the engine is almost zero.

Now oil type can make a measurable difference as the molecular friction changes enough to make a 1-2 mpg difference at the extremes.

The sell it by weight? Our giant sets up a trash can and bags so you can do that. And if you get an ugly one you can leave it. But it’s sold by quantity.
Sounds like the old Happy Hour days at a bar.
:rofl:

Did a brief run through at the car show. ONE Mopar. Some nice oldies. Then there as this Galaxie. Not something I would do. But pretty cool. Has won some 'national' awards. Even found a video...
CA8C2E72-0624-496B-8476-95A8DF601487.jpeg
B5961511-B6F4-47C6-8457-0A73FDBEE8B4.jpeg
313D0AB5-A027-4A23-BF6B-6B5E03DAB5F4.jpeg

What's everyone doing today ??
Nobody invited me to a Cookout.. Boohoo

The kid said he wanted to work on cars... When I went to his room later to ask what he wanted to do, he got all grumpy with me, so I went to my room and took a nap...

He has some friends over now...

I cooked some dinner earlier and now I'm chillin'...

I may go pull some parts of the other son's Datsun to send to him in NC to fix the one that he has down there...

why don't they just charge $x for so many????

That would keep the 'corn huskers' away....

I could get a great recommendation, but between all those here you don't need any help with a cam selection.
Are you going to take it back original??
If so put that Carter carbuertor at the top of the need to find list.
Took me about six months to find a 1967 383 4 speed Carter (4298s).
It has the original Carb on it still....

Bad news today. I went to do my weekly visit to my 83 yo mothers, find her dead on the floor.........Hear attack they said it looked like. She was in poor health and was expected but still....................

-
Back