Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I like it, creative minds at work. Really fun to see people come up with stuff like this and it works.

Got an idea, like the old saying goes: strike when the iron is hot.

Here’s an old style ad that never existed. Entirely my own artwork...

4F7D68EF-0704-40CA-8E68-2B20BFE2517F.jpeg

That previous image was inspired by other Ethyl Corporation ads I have been reworking. It seems their advertising was significantly aimed at women. A concept that was trending heavily in advertising during that time, target women and the men will also follow. The other way around didn’t work very well back then as women tended to ignore ads aimed at men.

DDF35E75-2344-401B-8336-20613BBE42B2.jpeg

D1F7E8F6-99BD-40FD-BB0D-F2D6EDFE6544.jpeg

A lot of people also don’t realize that much of the early GTO advertising was aimed at women for the same reasons...

what a day, I had to help someone install a water line in an old house that has a crawl space under the floor. It's dirt down there and with the duct work and beams and everything in there, im the only one who fit.

So I found myself crawling around under a floor for a few hours with a crappy little flashlight. Then I got a Charlie horse in my leg when I was pretty far in. when I was coming out I came out in the basement and knocked the ladder over because I couldn't see it and I felt like I was going to fall. Then I suddenly felt myself floating, a friend who is 6'4' and like 350 lbs, lifted me completely out of my own control and lowered me to the ground. I should have said "weeeee" but it was so dusty and I couldn't see anything with dust in my face.

what a day. Got the job done though

what a day, I had to help someone install a water line in an old house that has a crawl space under the floor. It's dirt down there and with the duct work and beams and everything in there, im the only one who fit.

So I found myself crawling around under a floor for a few hours with a crappy little flashlight. Then I got a Charlie horse in my leg when I was pretty far in. when I was coming out I came out in the basement and knocked the ladder over because I couldn't see it and I felt like I was going to fall. Then I suddenly felt myself floating, a friend who is 6'4' and like 350 lbs, lifted me completely out of my own control and lowered me to the ground. I should have said "weeeee" but it was so dusty and I couldn't see anything with dust in my face.

Been there done that. I spent a couple days trenching in a very low crawlspace, had a water leak and it flooded. Rainsuit helped but i was still covered in muck.

I think it was a very rewarding day today. Now off for tea and gokd rush at my best friend’s place. Have a great evening everyone!

I have literally crawled miles under every kind of crap hole house you can imagine when I worked for AT&T. Not fun.....

Man, I fubared my back somehow doing the broiler coil in the oven yesterday. It’s been getting worse all day. If it doesn’t straighten out tomorrow, off to the chiropractor I go.

Must have been the awkward twisted angle I was working at. I should have taken the oven door off before I started. It’s just a couple of latches to release and take it off, but I figured it would be a short job and didn’t need to go to the extra trouble.

Note to self for next time.

I can only imagine
OMG, the stories I can tell you!!! One had the dryer vent venting under the house, in the crawl space, EVERYTHING under there was covered in 6 inch of lint!!! EVERYTHING!!! When I got out of there I was covered as well.......
I looked like a 6'4 fuzzy snowman.....:lol:

Last edited:
OMG, the stories I can tell you!!! One had the dryer vent venting under the house, in the crawl space, EVERYTHING under there was covered in 6 inch of lint!!! EVERYTHING!!! When I got out of there I was covered as well.......
I looked like a 6'4 fuzzy snowman.....:lol:

No fire hazard there :lol:

When I replaced the microwave last weekend, the bottom where the bracket was fubar scratched the linoleum counter top of the kitchen island deeply on one side when I put it down on it. Big white scratches.

Really pissed me off.

But, I got out my multi-color sharpie set and went to work on it. Now it looks like nothing was ever damaged unless viewed at extreme light angles.

This is the view now of the damaged area from most angles...

FFC0555D-4460-4D20-AB54-8A35FDC5AC97.jpeg

And this is at an extreme angle so you can see the gouges in the refracted light from the edges of the scrapes...

D8E78B96-1EFB-4AA4-8796-FBC266B90095.jpeg

When I replaced the microwave last weekend, the bottom where the bracket was fubar scratched the linoleum counter top of the kitchen island deeply on one side when I put it down on it. Big white scratches.

Really pissed me off.

But, I got out my multi-color sharpie set and went to work on it. Now it looks like nothing was ever damaged unless viewed at extreme light angles.

This is the view now of the damaged area from most angles...

View attachment 1715466321

And this is at an extreme angle so you can see the gouges in the refracted light from the edges of the scrapes...

View attachment 1715466322
One pixel at a time! LOL

-
Back