Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Power takes a bit to get used to in a car that you are used to driving with manual brakes. I put them on mine and really like them, but it has only been up and down the block so far, hopefully June on the road.

I did leave the manual steering in for now. May go with the power this summer with a FirmFeel box. Got to make her easy enuf for the wife to enjoy driving.

Same reason I went power. It has factory FDB but you really had to push it to stop and that is with the 225 in it. I did not want to take a chance with the 440 so went power and also rear disks from a Cherokee.

Swapped all the goodies from a 73 Swinger. Replaced eveything that moves, used offset UCA bushings and added reinforcing plate to the LCA. Not sure how I'll like power discs. I'll run it a while and decide. Now I just need to get her to the alignment shop.
:color: sounds great :cheers: congratulations Ben :color:

Looks perfect Ben, she will stop a bunch better now I bet, I am going with 76 calipers single big piston aswell , Looks like thats what you have

Looks perfect Ben, she will stop a bunch better now I bet, I am going with 76 calipers single big piston aswell , Looks like thats what you have

Correct. It was really very easy, simple bolt on stuff.. Even the UBJ's weren't that much of a PITA. I do have one caliper bleeder leaking. Gonna try a new bleeder screw first, if that don't stop it, I'll replace the caliper. Kinda sucks since I was all proud of myself for rebuiliding the calipers.. Murphy's law I suppose...

Correct. It was really very easy, simple bolt on stuff.. Even the UBJ's weren't that much of a PITA. I do have one caliper bleeder leaking. Gonna try a new bleeder screw first, if that don't stop it, I'll replace the caliper. Kinda sucks since I was all proud of myself for rebuiliding the calipers.. Murphy's law I suppose...

Well I am going to have the Ram Man build mine Ben, I Know it may cost me a couple hundred more :banghead: but it will be dun right like you did yours :cheers:
I hope the new bleeder does the job :glasses7: I bet it will, I put new bleeders on the rear of Victoria a few years back and had to go to town and pick up another one, one leaked bad !

I need to take Buddy out again and check on my son Creed that just called to find out where is the best place to get stitches at :pale: I am sure he is ok becouse he sounded ok, but I hope it don't stop him from working, he has a couple big jobs this week, Framing up a new home. Be back sometime :glasses7:

Yikes! Hope he's ok.

He is Ben , Just got an update and he cut his palm at the thumb area on his left hand with a razor knife :glasses7: Been there dun that before, he said he is going to Finnish his day value painting new cabinets :D

He is Ben , Just got an update and he cut his palm at the thumb area on his left hand with a razor knife :glasses7: Been there dun that before, he said he is going to Finnish his day value painting new cabinets :D

That's a sucky, but common place to get cut. I've nicked myself many times with utility knives. Never there, but saw someone get the web area bad already. At least he's getting it taken care of. Tough spot to heal when ya gotta keep working. I've been known to super glue myself together and not go to the doc, but can't recommend it, LOL.

I was having problems with the power button and it finally went. A lot of stuff I would like to get out of it. Maybe one day.

I got a jumper cable at either Radio Shack or Best Buy that has a usb plug on one end and a hard drive plug on the other. As long as your hard drive still runs you should be able to retrieve files from it.

No power at all. I just need to pull the drive and give it to the kid to do surgery on.

No power at all. I just need to pull the drive and give it to the kid to do surgery on.

No power to your computer but I'll bet the hard drive still works. You can piul it out and plug it into the jumper cable to retrieve your files. My motherboard went out and the computer didn't work but the hard drive still worked. I got all my files back. If your hard drive does not operate it can be taken apart and the discs can be read on another machine (like a DVD player) to retrieve the files. Very expensive if you have to pay for it. tmm

Thank you, I desighed it myself after seeing a metal square one on utube for $140.00 ... This things works great and lasts a good while 3 1/2 hours of slow cooking :color: I can't wait to stock up on some hickory and oak and smoke me some stacked ribs :color:

You remember seeing it last night don't yea :D Thank you pard :color:

Hey Mike, where's the thread about your smoker? I can't seem to find it.

Good morning,
Guess you guys are sleeping late so you can go out and drink green beer later....

Yesterday was really nice here. Got to sit out on the deck and enjoy a cold beer. That was after I was done doing dogie doodie duty (say that three times fast)

No power to your computer but I'll bet the hard drive still works. You can piul it out and plug it into the jumper cable to retrieve your files. My motherboard went out and the computer didn't work but the hard drive still worked. I got all my files back. If your hard drive does not operate it can be taken apart and the discs can be read on another machine (like a DVD player) to retrieve the files. Very expensive if you have to pay for it. tmm

TMM, It just has some pics on it that I would like, I never keep anything important on the hard drive. I use usb's for that. That is what we are planning to do if things slow down here.

Too much here my body crapped out on me yesterday around noon so catch-up is in order. That room we had the flood in when we pulled the floor had 4X8' linoleum under the carpet. Now just trying to figure out should I pull it upp or just put a laminate floor on it. I have to see how warped/slanted the floor is. One of my neighbors has one of those spinning laser levels that he will lend me today. I think this room was added over the existing floor somewhere in the early 1900's. The underneath has hand hewb floor joists supporting the floor and has to be dam near 2 1/2" thick layers of whatever. Why always me? I like a challenge but there comes a time......

-
Back