Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
yeah and because its a flyover state, the main stream isn't covering it very much. A couple sentences here or there. They're estimating 14 million acres of corn and soybeans were destroyed. Iowa is one of the top 3 crop producing states in the US and the world for that matter, and thats not counting the number of crops lost when several grain bins and silos went with the wind. Given grocery prices were already thru the roof this year with covid, its gonna go up even more.
Had a 10 second blip on our news this morning. And that was more of a thinly disguised jab at Trump...

Working on my DD... took the driver door lock out and dropped it off at the locksmith to get keyed to the ignition... The door was replaced and they never transferred the old key lock...

That's the only lock to get into the car from the outside and the key fob doesn't work... So if the car gets locked, I can't open it from the outside the way it is...

The lock was supposed to be done this afternoon, but I just got a call from them that it's already done...

Now I have to go back and pick it up...

Cant work on the mustang front end. There is a locking nut on each wheel,and key is mia.
Thinking about this, whos going to steal the wheels? They are more likely to take the whole car.

i set the whole day aside for this,and i figured it may go longer. I need to get it all done,as i have other work booked. In the meantime in fixing the drivers door latch, rod keeps popping off.

Nice weather here today... 75° right now with low humidity and high supposed to be 79° :D

So how's that heat wave going on in the south and west???? :lol: :poke:

Cant work on the mustang front end. There is a locking nut on each wheel,and key is mia.
Thinking about this, whos going to steal the wheels? They are more likely to take the whole car.

i set the whole day aside for this,and i figured it may go longer. I need to get it all done,as i have other work booked. In the meantime in fixing the drivers door latch, rod keeps popping off.

I was able to get the locking lugs off our old Jeep by pounding a one size smaller socket on them and twisting the locking lugs off...

Working on my DD...
Donut Dunker? :D
a27f702907eb6e64502762871428b58e.jpg
?

I was able to get the locking lugs off our old Jeep by pounding a one size smaller socket on them and twisting the locking lugs off...
On this?? I dont think so. Everything is new. I mean everything..
CD73739D-4351-4B1B-AD2E-113B2FEC793C.jpeg

I got the lock changed out... Finally...

One clip that has two plastic fingers that hold the lock linkage rod in had a broken finger, so I had to find another one... Dealer wanted to sell me a whole lock for $150... None of the parts stores have it... I finally found a local salvage yard that had one, but it took several calls to find one...

I went to the salvage yard and picked it up and now the door handle is installed with the new clip and a lock that is keyed to the ignition so I can lock the doors now... Otherwise if the doors were locked, I would have been locked out because the key didn't fit the door and no key fob... The drover door was replaced on the car before I got it and nobody changed the lock... If the driver door got locked closed while I was out of the car, I was screwed...

Classic example of something not going as easy as you think it would... :mad: :BangHead:

Last edited:
Still no key for wheel locks. He found 1 but it was wrong. I can see myself welding a pipe to it to remove.

Still no key for wheel locks. He found 1 but it was wrong. I can see myself welding a pipe to it to remove.
Locking Lug nuts? If so, go get you a cheap 12 point socket that you won’t care about. Get one that just barely doesn’t go around the locking lug nut. Then take a hammer, bang it on tight, remove with impact, use a punch to tap out the locking nut and repeat as needed. Works everytime

Locking Lug nuts? If so, go get you a cheap 12 point socket that you won’t care about. Get one that just barely doesn’t go around the locking lug nut. Then take a hammer, bang it on tight, remove with impact, use a punch to tap out the locking nut and repeat as needed. Works everytime
He does not want to screw up anything, even the lug nuts.....cannot blame him....

Can probably get the lock keys at Autozone or Oriellys
Nope. Been there. Only way to get a new key is if you have the card that came with the lugs with the key code on it. And you have to contact the manufacturer

Nope. Been there. Only way to get a new key is if you have the card that came with the lugs with the key code on it. And you have to contact the manufacturer
What I did was go to Discount tire, they have every key made....And bough a spare from them....EZ PZ!!!

What I did was go to Discount tire, they have every key made....And bough a spare from them....EZ PZ!!!
Ain’t none of those around here. Just mom and pop tire places. That’s where I got the socket idea from years ago. It’s worked pretty well.

-
Back