Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thats what messed up my quarter panel according to the body man that looked at my lousy day

Morning metal gearheads. I'm heading to the fall gun show this morning.
Maybe look for a stubby wheel gun 357/44 cal range.

Was thinking again. I want to find a spare set of front signal lights for my barracuda. Would look cool on fargo.

It's Surfin' Saturday!

surfinsaturday.jpg

Good morning :D

Morning everyone, we haven't had a gun show since January, have fun. Time for a quick run through the patch.

I got one of those HF air crimperfor panels. I really like that thing. $20 WTF right?
Mine only lasted thru the quarter panel. I exchanged it, the second one locked up on the first use. So I took it back.

Quadruple espresso this morning :D
Local weather cooling off a little bit. TV weather even reported a legitimate chance of rain for the coastal areas north of San Fran. Could be a help or a hindrance in those fire areas, from fire to mudslides overnight :realcrazy:.

Quadruple espresso this morning :D
Local weather cooling off a little bit. TV weather even reported a legitimate chance of rain for the coastal areas north of San Fran. Could be a help or a hindrance in those fire areas, from fire to mudslides overnight :realcrazy:.
That'll get you buzzin'

I watched Eddie do a quarter panel once. He left a few tabs that he crimped on the existing iron for positioning. The rest was very carefully trimmed and fitted for a butt weld. Weld a little, take the hammer and dolly to the still hot weld, move to the next spot kinda thing. When welding was finished, he used the air file and 80 grit to knock the welds down. Then came the stretching and shrinking that just astounded me :eek:.

The lower quarter patches aren't bad but the trunk drops are a pain. It's best to open up the lower quarters so you can get in there to work.

20170705_084359.jpg

The lower quarter patches aren't bad but the trunk drops are a pain. It's best to open up the lower quarters so you can get in there to work.

View attachment 1715605700
Yeah I’m actually going to be doing a bit differently than factory. I can’t really explain it but I’ve got an idea. Maybe I’ll work on that this weekend.

-
Back