Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Is you in Veeatenamm yet?
Rusty , I had to come to South Korea first, Since there are no flights to VN originating from the US. I am now on day 4 of a brutal lockdown quarantine. 10 days to go. On my laptop each day trying to line a flight up to Saigon after I get out of Jail on the 2nd....We will see....

Look what I found today. These are actually harder to find than most people believe. They are fer sell too but the owner is adamant they go to a loving home.

That's some sweet cruising right there, slav style

20201222_160107.jpg

Rusty , I had to come to South Korea first, Since there are no flights to VN originating from the US. I am now on day 4 of a brutal lockdown quarantine. 10 days to go. On my laptop each day trying to line a flight up to Saigon after I get out of Jail on the 2nd....We will see....
The stuff men do for a ladies company........

Morning Mitch, ya cigar huffing into the ceiling fan, no beer drinking, no hookers, no dog, hotel jail guy!
John, Its the cigars that are more of a problem than the beer. At home, sometimes I'll go 2 or 3 weeks without a drink. But, I'll huff 4 cigars a day out in my shop. Difficult to hide that in a closed hotel room, so I've been weening myself down. 2, then 1, now down to 1/2 midday and 1/2 after dinner. Standing by the window ( which barely opens ) and blowing most of the smoke outside. Not really a pleasurable endeavor. I'll get at least 10 days free out in the city, before I can get to Saigon.....:thumbsup:

Mitch, once upon a time in a land far far away we did some pretty cool training exercises with a select group of ROK Marines. They were the real deal. Super serious all the time, we never could break thru with our ridiculous dark humor. But all the same I would fight next to those guys in a heartbeat. Neat culture neat people.

Look what I found today. These are actually harder to find than most people believe. They are fer sell too but the owner is adamant they go to a loving home.

View attachment 1715655243
Buy those and your new screen name will be “Yugo Girl”...

Mitch, once upon a time in a land far far away we did some pretty cool training exercises with a select group of ROK Marines. They were the real deal. Super serious all the time, we never could break thru with our ridiculous dark humor. But all the same I would fight next to those guys in a heartbeat. Neat culture neat people.
Yeah, I'll get a chance to party with the locals soon. My buddy says they can really party.....:thumbsup:

Buy those and your new screen name will be “Yugo Girl”...
You saying that makes me want to go buy them just to have that screen name.

That is so cute.

Sounds better than lada girl or duster girl (I think that's taken already)

John, Its the cigars that are more of a problem than the beer. At home, sometimes I'll go 2 or 3 weeks without a drink. But, I'll huff 4 cigars a day out in my shop. Difficult to hide that in a closed hotel room, so I've been weening myself down. 2, then 1, now down to 1/2 midday and 1/2 after dinner. Standing by the window ( which barely opens ) and blowing most of the smoke outside. Not really a pleasurable endeavor. I'll get at least 10 days free out in the city, before I can get to Saigon.....:thumbsup:
I have several VNs that work for me, they migrate back and forth and I really don’t worry to much about it. They work so hard when they are here it makes it easy to grant a 3-4 week time span off to go home. They are in same pickle you are right now. None of them are traveling back and forth due to complexity of international travel at present. Great guys, I love it when we eat together as I am not a heavy red meat eater and their diet suits me as I like to eat a lot of veggies and seem to cook far more rice based dishes than potato. I have been trying to learn more Mandarin as I think I might need it in the years to come.

They go till they literally fall off chair, they will not stop!
Yup, I'm assuming they are the same as the Viet Guys. First couple a times I drank with the guys from my girls family, they tried to outdrink me. They brought in the biggest Viet Belly they knew. 4 times straight, shotgunning/chugging a beer man to man. They couldn't hang..LOL
Not sure if I should be proud of that or not ? :lol:

The Christmas sweets factory is still going full steam here and the activity is reaching a fever pitch.

Tonight it is all about cupcakes...lots and lots of cupcakes...

941C92AE-B232-415C-BE00-C1945C3FBEC0.jpeg

Dang. That kinda blows. My niece is station in South Korea with the Air Force. She's comin home around the first. Two weeks home, then to Alaska for three years.

View attachment 1715655243

Me and Kirk were workin in the local Ford dealership that was sellin those when new. We got one in with a bad engine that went through arbitration. It sat on the lot over a year. We were gonna put a Mustang 5.0 and T5 in it and almost got to. We had it wheeled in the shop and had the hood off fixin to yank all the bullshit out when the shop foreman hollered at us that Ford had JUST called for it back. This was like 85 I guess? That would have been a first, I believe.

-
Back