Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We need a groan emjoe :thumbsup:

OMG.jpg

So on serious note the nursing home next to our families funeral home has search and rescue teams climbing all over it as we speak. Super sad deal. To bring some mirth to a tragic event here is some dark family humor. As previously mentioned the funeral home is next to the nursing home. In the early years family members worked at both facilities. So imagine you are in nursing home, and they tell you Nurse X from the funeral home is will be here in a few hours to check on you……
Ok, as I wrote this, it is just not near as funny as it is at the dinner table after a few toddies at holiday meals!

So on serious note the nursing home next to our families funeral home has search and rescue teams climbing all over it as we speak. Super sad deal. To bring some mirth to a tragic event here is some dark family humor. As previously mentioned the funeral home is next to the nursing home. In the early years family members worked at both facilities. So imagine you are in nursing home, and they tell you Nurse X from the funeral home is will be here in a few hours to check on you……
Ok, as I wrote this, it is just not near as funny as it is at the dinner table after a few toddies at holiday meals!
Wow that’s some weird humor. Albeit it takes a special kind to be in that business

Glad to hear our group came through the storms last night. We had a F5 come through here in 66. I was playing a baseball game and the skies suddenly turned black and the temperature dropped. They abruptly called the game, Mom loaded us up, and drove like crazy to get home. As we went into the house, I saw the tornado coming over the nearby mound. We got to the basement and heard the kitchen cabinet doors slamming violently back and forth and then silence. We were spared, but many neighbors weren't so lucky.

@dukeboy_318 I remember spotter duty on the police department. Be out there middle of the night, couldn't see the front of the car because of the downpour. F**k it my zone had an old concreate drive through car wash. I spotted from there.

@dukeboy_318 I remember spotter duty on the police department. Be out there middle of the night, couldn't see the front of the car because of the downpour. F**k it my zone had an old concreate drive through car wash. I spotted from there.
I just sat in the Jeep with it running, watching from top of a Hill about 1/2 mile from home. I couldn’t see **** in the immediate area but I figured the direction the storm was coming from would take it across the very well lit area of the next exit ramp from the interstate. And there’s a substation right there too. Figured I’d have a chance. But nothing even went severe thunderstorms here. Thankfully.

Cheryl and my daughter had plans for today. We were taking the grand kids to a kids play center and then lunch. Oh darn I can't go. :rolleyes:

I made it ! A couple very close calls, these tornadoes was 3 miles away as they headed towards @Sublime one funeral home ( never knew his family owned that funeral home) .

Have a good day everyone

FB_IMG_1637769949827.jpg

Glad to hear all OK here. Haven't seen any of this on the news yet.
Upper 60's here, Rain and wind today with even a slight chance of tornado. Then nice over 50 all week.
Good morning.

We've actually been getting most deliveries in record time. My starter for the Mower has been sitting here a couple days already. Was not expected till Monday. Might get that on this morning. I think they all brought in extra people through the holidays (not good for the Amazon place that got hit)

Morning, glad everyone in the path of those storms made it through. Cold here this morning, 6deg, snow still on the ground. Makes the coffee taste that much better.

We've actually been getting most deliveries in record time. My starter for the Mower has been sitting here a couple days already. Was not expected till Monday. Might get that on this morning. I think they all brought in extra people through the holidays (not good for the Amazon place that got hit)

Had an item arrive in 5 days...UPS...from the day I ordered it was 3-D.printed in Ankara Turkey and arrived here. That's pretty amazing

-
Back