Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Happy Belated Birthday Chris...guess it explains your absence this morning...:eek:

Yesterday was a out and about day, uber the wife, Breakfast take out on the ride, dropped way to much Cash at Fastenal on dist screws I use. VN grocey store with her. That was a freaking Hour for her looking around first time we were in this one. Few local in town things, left early got home around 1600. Way o long a day driving around. Nothing is close here.

Well have a Great Day All! Hoping to be testing and installing two new solenoids on my winch after work, have more good alder to pull out.

Hey if anyone in their travels comes across an old cast iron skillet in good shape, I'd buy it and pay for shipping.
I'm looking for a large gravy size skillet (12-14 inch wide?) with the pour spout on the top rim of the skillet. I don't want a new brand style.

Good morning all. c\_/
I don't know what could be so different about a new cast iron anything. OK, skillets might be pre-seasoned... Piineer woman cast iron skillet - Bing

I think they are 12-14 inches wide. I got my grandmother's old pan when she passed and can cook a couple ribeye's in it.
When we clean it, we just scrub and rinse it out really well with hot water. Soap has never touched it.
I just want another one with the pour spout.
This spring we're replacing the gas grill with a gas griddle.
I thought having another cast iron skillet for veggies or stuff would be perfect.
Don't be too quick to delete the grille. You'll find the downside of a flat top gridle is the aftermath, cleanup and maintenance. A tin can of drippings to dispose of, stones to scrub it with, spray/coating to prevent rust. I've got a grille, a gridle, and a deep fryer. I'll put Yoshi Grille mat(s) on the grille rather than feck with the gridle when I can. Cheers

He was probably getting Lucky? No ??
Did a belated HB thread first post explaining that all Mitch!
6 foot rule.jpg

Hey if anyone in their travels comes across an old cast iron skillet in good shape, I'd buy it and pay for shipping.
I'm looking for a large gravy size skillet (12-14 inch wide?) with the pour spout on the top rim of the skillet. I don't want a new brand style.
Let me check my stash, I have two egg cooking skillets, one stake, one gravy and a large fish frying skillet. We have them everywhere here in northeast Arkansas, every flea market and every auction i have been to has them. I will be intoch..

I will keep my eyes open. They actually collect them here some brands are crazy prices other are way cheap.
Same here, and yes they fetch a crazy price at times.

Good morning all. c\_/
I don't know what could be so different about a new cast iron anything. OK, skillets might be pre-seasoned... Piineer woman cast iron skillet - Bing

Don't be too quick to delete the grille. You'll find the downside of a flat top gridle is the aftermath, cleanup and maintenance. A tin can of drippings to dispose of, stones to scrub it with, spray/coating to prevent rust. I've got a grille, a gridle, and a deep fryer. I'll put Yoshi Grille mat(s) on the grille rather than feck with the gridle when I can. Cheers
Some brands here just sell for crazy prices saw a plain Jane one that was small go for over $100 because of the brand at one auction. Others at the sam auction $10

Try Tractor Supply they stock them in Texas at least.

Good morning all. c\_/

Whew sounds like more work than I want to mess with. For sure though it's time to upgrade the almost 20-year-old grill we have.

Morning all still headed North at 4.3 knots. Will most likely have to stop in Aransas Pass, Tx to get fuel. headwind and current burn a lot of fuel. We should be at around 5.8 knots but all in a days work.

Good Morning everyone. So, I went home at lunch to check the furnace yesterday. Frozen hot water pipe to upstairs. Messed with it a while and had to go back to work. Got home....um, sigh. Faucet failed in upstairs bathroom after I left. Running close to wide open for hours. Entire bathroom soaked, standing water, leaking down to first floor bathroom. Raining inside all over that bathroom, and down into the basement. Spent hours with carpet scrubber sucking up water, towels, etc. So tired. Hoping it is dry enough with winter that it doesn't mold. Bright side, the humidity for the house is up so no more static shocks and it isn't everyday you get to wash the INSIDE of your walls, but I did now. Oh, and I had to break from clean up to teach class last night to boot.

Good Morning everyone. So, I went home at lunch to check the furnace yesterday. Frozen hot water pipe to upstairs. Messed with it a while and had to go back to work. Got home....um, sigh. Faucet failed in upstairs bathroom after I left. Running close to wide open for hours. Entire bathroom soaked, standing water, leaking down to first floor bathroom. Raining inside all over that bathroom, and down into the basement. Spent hours with carpet scrubber sucking up water, towels, etc. So tired. Hoping it is dry enough with winter that it doesn't mold. Bright side, the humidity for the house is up so no more static shocks and it isn't everyday you get to wash the INSIDE of your walls, but I did now. Oh, and I had to break from clean up to teach class last night to boot.
Man that sucks!

Well now we know why Chris has been absent, it was not Bday related. He came and stayed at your place for the night.

Whew sounds like more work than I want to mess with. For sure though it's time to upgrade the almost 20-year-old grill we have.
Well, If you have big crowd to feed, want to cook bacon, pancakes, scrambled eggs, The gridle is great, worth the effort. Your guests might miss you for a few while you're cleaning it up and covering it up.

Man that sux. Better luck going forward.

Well, If you have big crowd to feed, want to cook bacon, pancakes, scrambled eggs, The gridle is great, worth the effort. Your guests might miss you for a few while you're cleaning it up and covering it up.

Man that sux. Better luck going forward.
Ya I never feed an army size crowd. A couple skillets on the gas grill might be just right, the best of both worlds.

-
Back