Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We have a few "new" ones just cook bacon in them the first time and never use say Brillo on them just a sponge and then they are seasoned.

Good Morning everyone. So, I went home at lunch to check the furnace yesterday. Frozen hot water pipe to upstairs. Messed with it a while and had to go back to work. Got home....um, sigh. Faucet failed in upstairs bathroom after I left. Running close to wide open for hours. Entire bathroom soaked, standing water, leaking down to first floor bathroom. Raining inside all over that bathroom, and down into the basement. Spent hours with carpet scrubber sucking up water, towels, etc. So tired. Hoping it is dry enough with winter that it doesn't mold. Bright side, the humidity for the house is up so no more static shocks and it isn't everyday you get to wash the INSIDE of your walls, but I did now. Oh, and I had to break from clean up to teach class last night to boot.
Can't like that so I'll just agree a sucky day!!

Hey if anyone in their travels comes across an old cast iron skillet in good shape, I'd buy it and pay for shipping.
I'm looking for a large gravy size skillet (12-14 inch wide?) with the pour spout on the top rim of the skillet. I don't want a new brand style.
Hodges or Hodgeson (can't remember) is pretty good and reasonable price. I got at Target a few years ago. US made too. Don't trust cast iron for food made you know where.

That said, most of my cookware came from 'Aunt' Opel when she moved to a retirement home 20 years ago. I think yoiu're patient and keep an eye out on garage sales etc you'll find the good stuff.

We have a few "new" ones just cook bacon in them the first time and never use say Brillo on them just a sponge and then they are seasoned.
At The Park when doing living history weekends, one of the volunteers would bring bacon in slab from a butcher in the Albany area. Seasoned the skillets and also used it lightly as a preservative grease in the muskets. That might still be protecting them for all I know. Hopefully better than nothing.

Making up for Chris.

I actually will be getting a cell phone. That will work on the property! Kid has one and it works pretty well here with a company called Tello, ridiculously cheap.

Build Your Own Plan | Mix Minutes & Data | Free Text in Any Plan (tello.com)
T-mobl network.
make sure whatever phone you get carries all of t-m's channels/frequencies.
The phone I just bought, Sunbeam F1, doesnbt carry one of the channels making a less than ideal choice for that carrier network in rural areas. :(

But the nice thing about cast iron and steeel and that brillo can save the day when I mess up!
It does mean reseasoning but better than a ruined teflon or whatever coating they now use.

A bit beat up this morning. Lot of walking, too many times on and off the scissor lift plus several trips up the stairs to the parts area yesterday
Good Morning

T-mobl network.
make sure whatever phone you get carries all of t-m's channels/frequencies.
The phone I just bought, Sunbeam F1, doesnbt carry one of the channels making a less than ideal choice for that carrier network in rural areas. :(
My T Mobil phone would only work in one small place at Rays. They might have installed a new tower...

Nope Jaquie was going to put one on here property. Man that pissed off the neighbors! the RF man Oh no RF!

It's Thirtynine Thursday!
thirty9thursday.jpg

Good morning :D

Could be. I guess if you don't want anyone t

:realcrazy:
Do they never leave their property? No electric lines either? :BangHead:
I was thinking it was a 'messing up the view' thing
No view from up there. To many trees....unless the trees ARE the view!!:lol:

I know there have been health issues supposedly related to living under power lines. Don't know what has been proven one way or the other.

-
Back