Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Right now everything is up in the air. I just a couple of days ago bought a shifter for a 4-speed and today I got a fork, boot and return spring. Looking at options for a bellhousing, found one for $75 that's been a little "cut into", not sure what that means yet. A Z-bar and some hump fabbing and I'm set for a stick.

As far as auto goes, I've got a converter that's supposed to stall 2800 or so but I think that's with a hopped up 440 so it's probably too hard for a little 273.

Maybe stick is the way to go?

When it comes to gears, I've got a 489 with 4.56 gears and a welded diff and a 741 with 3.23 and an Auburn diff. Changing to something else in the 741 shouldn't be a problem. There's not too much to choose from, though. I could move the Aubrun over to the 489 of course so I've got options.
Gears? Contact Dr Diff. Drivetrain :: Mopar 8 3/4"

I dumped the 2 273s early on. I mean why invest money on piston when you can do better for less with a teener. And they look the same...for what they were they did all right...
I see a couple guys that could benefit from pulling the 273 and sitting it in the corner and building or buying something bigger. (and don't stop with a 318 unless you stroke it) LOL

I see a couple guys that could benefit from pulling the 273 and sitting it in the corner and building or buying something bigger. (and don't stop with a 318 unless you stroke it) LOL
There is no replacement for displacement.

You will need to check the snout on that converter depending on what crank you are running. And, 904 and 727 converters are different.
That converter is what I've planned on using with my BB/727. I know the register could be different on the 273. I didn't remember to measure it before I dropped it off at the machine shop but the engine was put together in '67 and it's a forged stock crank.

That converter is what I've planned on using with my BB/727. I know the register could be different on the 273. I didn't remember to measure it before I dropped it off at the machine shop but the engine was put together in '67 and it's a forged stock crank.
Yep it will be wrong/different. THe transmission from a big block won't work on a small block.

I dumped the 2 273s early on. I mean why invest money on piston when you can do better for less with a teener. And they look the same...for what they were they did all right...
I know it's a dumb idea. But all I ever do is dumb things. Like getting the idea to build a stroker 400 and ending up having someone else build it for me in stead. I can't help myself. I'm way too impulsive.

The BB 727 is different, yes. I'm actually rebuilding an A500 that might work but its an electronic one. No too stoked. Also, all I got was a stock rebuild kit, new bushings and a shift kit. 4-speed is nice but I think I'll go with either a hopped up 904 or a stick.

I figure the torque from a 273 isn't nearly enough to bust a 904.

I'm reading thru one of those cam discussion threads and notices Schneider re-surface lifters. Too bad mine are over here and not in the US. $5 per lifter is a bargain but if I add $100 in shipping each way ...

Having Ham and bean soup for lunch. Gotta like leftovers. No short change on the ham. It came from a bone in ham we had around Christmas.

20220129_121204.jpg

We're making porchetta. My wife found it at the store when she popped in for milk coming home from work.

The bag said cook for 4 hours at 300 F. No time for that. We're running it at 400 with potato halves and brussel sprouts (covered in parsley butter we had left) on the side.

I know it's a dumb idea. But all I ever do is dumb things. Like getting the idea to build a stroker 400 and ending up having someone else build it for me in stead. I can't help myself. I'm way too impulsive.
I never said it was a dumb idea...i would never...

It's a rolled up pork belly, I think. She got it pre-prepared, rolled and tied up with spices in a vacuum sealed bag, ready to go in the oven.
View attachment 1715861075
I read up and it's apparently supposed to cook for a long time, it's referred to as "italian pulled pork" in the US. Not sure if it's pork belly or roast. As in leg.

-
Back