Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yes it was near midnight here at that time. Now 7:40 am on Monday....:thumbsup:
Well a big Good morning from Northeast Arkansas my friend, enjoy your day, I had family around me big time today, didn't know how to act so many at one time :lol: but I endured and kept the smiles going, because I don't mind being silly to get a laugh or two :lol:

I bet the sun is working hard for you two this morning, enjoy my friend, enjoy :thumbsup:

Well a big Good morning from Northeast Arkansas my friend, enjoy your day, I had family around me big time today, didn't know how to act so many at one time :lol: but I endured and kept the smiles going, because I don't mind being silly to get a laugh or two :lol:

I bet the sun is working hard for you two this morning, enjoy my friend, enjoy :thumbsup:
Im with ya, Was at a family get together myself, way out near the Jungles. I did a vid. Will post it on YouTube in a few days...

How's your torsion bars?
Seems OK. The car rode great.... Going to replace the boots and seals. What should I be looking for?

Most everything else is covered by the PST kit or the brake conversion... I bought a replacement steering box as well...

20220220_171749.jpg

Cool. Thanks Chris

The K is has a reinforcement kit applied....not sure if the LCA would need it. I'm only running a juiced 225 with a 4bbl.
Any ridgity added to k member and control arms just makes steering more responsive. Improved handling.

And add to that I'm an idiot. Assume there is welding involved? I'm looking at the PST plates.
Yeah there’s welding. But it’s not bad. If you’re not comfortable welding them on, I’m sure a local shop could do it for fairly cheap.

Yeah there’s welding. But it’s not bad. If you’re not comfortable welding them on, I’m sure a local shop could do it for fairly cheap.

OK cool. Or I need to bribe my brother to roll down here with his welder sooner than later. :lol:

I have a local guy tagged on Marketplace who is a "mobile welder. Could be an easy gig for him.

I really need to hit the local Tech School and take a night class. Welding is something I've always been impressed with. At an extreme I toured a plant where they made hydrogen fuel reactors.... ridiculous tolerances and they mentioned specifically how hard it was to find a welder who could do that kind of work.

Bucket list items

Welding
CDL

Would like to do those

At some point there is little return for effort.

I don't think Dave ever reinforced the K or the LCA's on the Goldfish even though he was autocrossing it on r-comps.
I do think the early Barracuda's are farily rigid to begin with for a car of that era, and certainly stiffer than a 'vert.
MY 1966 FORMULA S PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA

At some point there is little return for effort.

I don't think Dave ever reinforced the K or the LCA's on the Goldfish even though he was autocrossing it on r-comps.
I do think the early Barracuda's are farily rigid to begin with for a car of that era, and certainly stiffer than a 'vert.
MY 1966 FORMULA S PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA

Thanks Mattax... Trying to maximize the "apart" time on the front end so I don't have to go back. I bought the car to drive and I hate it being up on jack stands.

OK cool. Or I need to bribe my brother to roll down here with his welder sooner than later. :lol:

I have a local guy tagged on Marketplace who is a "mobile welder. Could be an easy gig for him.

I really need to hit the local Tech School and take a night class. Welding is something I've always been impressed with. At an extreme I toured a plant where they made hydrogen fuel reactors.... ridiculous tolerances and they mentioned specifically how hard it was to find a welder who could do that kind of work.

Bucket list items

Welding
CDL

Would like to do those
Hmmm that’s not a bad idea. I could benefit from doing the same thing.

My LCA's front and rear sections are tied only because that's how we made up the sway bar bar tab.
I did add some extra 'spot welds' to the k-member. I don't know how comparable that is to the early K's. They all have they're own strengths and weaknesses, hence referencing @CPDave experiences. I do think the middle generation have a better steering box mount than the later version.

My LCA's front and rear sections are tied only because that's how we made up the sway bar bar tab.
I did add some extra 'spot welds' to the k-member. I don't know how comparable that is to the early K's. They all have they're own strengths and weaknesses, hence referencing @CPDave experiences. I do think the middle generation have a better steering box mount than the later version.

My replacement K has the Firm Feel reinforcement kit already applied...I'm sure that will feel better. The steering box is an OEM manual so nothing special there.

K Frame Firm Feel.jpg

Last edited:
What is funny is that my younger brother is a "metric" guy.... crazy smart (was an engineer at Ford, Rover and SAAB) and has built some ridiculous cars (big time Mini and Audi guy) but when I bring up welding he brings up adhesives.
I'm sure it has its place and can be very effective. Would be most curious about situations where the surfaces arent in perfect contact.
A beauty of welds is they can be as strong with just a line of contact - like that washer welded into frame's body mount bracket.

-
Back