Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK guys. You shouldn't have. ( but thank you very much ) you are all the best and I am honored to have you all as friends.

20220309_102037.jpg

20220309_102044.jpg

20220309_102056.jpg

Putting new jack on car trailer today. Kind of a pain. Needs to rotate up. Original worn out and in a bad spot with winch in the way. So relocate jack. Some light fabbing needed...

Putting new jack on car trailer today. Kind of a pain. Needs to rotate up. Original worn out and in a bad spot with winch in the way. So relocate jack. Some light fabbing needed...
I dont like the mounting plates, not very strong. I found a mounting tube,heavy wall. Welded it straight on to frame. I never keep jack on trailer, it goes into truck box. Doesent get so beat up and full of dirt.

Still moving forward. Fitting pretty decent. Was going to butt weld, but i think stepping sheet metal will be better. Lots of spot welds though. Lots.
68D0FE13-16E5-493F-B943-0B843F3CEC55.jpeg

Last edited:
I dont like the mounting plates, not very strong. I found a mounting tube,heavy wall. Welded it straight on to frame. I never keep jack on trailer, it goes into truck box. Doesent get so beat up and full of dirt.
That is the old way. New is this

16468504240771465658030270946725.jpg

Yesterday was the singe worst day for gas prices I have ever seen.
At around 1pm, it was 5.09 for regular.
At 5pm, the highest I saw was 6.12-6.21
I thought that the high price of gas was not going to influence my driving habits in the duster. (now that it is reliable, I was going to try and stick to once maybe twice a week driving it to school and such.) but considering how much gas it eats (even now when its about 3-4 main jet sizes too lean) I just don't think I will be able to keep that up with my super tight budget. especially since I need to put an exhaust on it and buy a lokar kickdown linkage. It might have to be driven maybe once or twice every two weeks or month until I can get more saved up. (I still live at home and go to high school so I don't have it nearly as bad as others but doing the math in my head, that may be the only possibility.) Especially since I can't afford a noise ticket or something similar.

Yesterday was the singe worst day for gas prices I have ever seen.
At around 1pm, it was 5.09 for regular.
At 5pm, the highest I saw was 6.12-6.21
I thought that the high price of gas was not going to influence my driving habits in the duster. (now that it is reliable, I was going to try and stick to once maybe twice a week driving it to school and such.) but considering how much gas it eats (even now when its about 3-4 main jet sizes too lean) I just don't think I will be able to keep that up with my super tight budget. especially since I need to put an exhaust on it and buy a lokar kickdown linkage. It might have to be driven maybe once or twice every two weeks or month until I can get more saved up. (I still live at home and go to high school so I don't have it nearly as bad as others but doing the math in my head, that may be the only possibility.) Especially since I can't afford a noise ticket or something similar.
HAHAHAHA
never mind! I just called my local airport and asked If people can just walk in and buy avgas and they said YES!
At this airport they have 100LL and Jet fuel, the 100LL is $5.12 a gallon! everything is good I can drive my car now with 100 octane leaded cheaper than 87 unleaded. :usflag::usflag::usflag:

HAHAHAHA
never mind! I just called my local airport and asked If people can just walk in and buy avgas and they said YES!
At this airport they have 100LL and Jet fuel, the 100LL is $5.12 a gallon! everything is good I can drive my car now with 100 octane leaded cheaper than 87 unleaded. :usflag::usflag::usflag:
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.26.28 AM.png

I did a dumb.
Cleaned the greasy floor brace with brake cleaner. I washed it with water and simple green first, then blew out what i could. Then brake cleaner. Blow it off with compressed air, and its nice and dry. Should have dried the floor. One tack and big poof! I used compressed air to keep fire off the car,and waited until it went out. Not the dumbest thing i have done. Serves as a reminder to think ahead, should have phone handy. Would have been a great picture.

I did a dumb.
Cleaned the greasy floor brace with brake cleaner. I washed it with water and simple green first, then blew out what i could. Then brake cleaner. Blow it off with compressed air, and its nice and dry. Should have dried the floor. One tack and big poof! I used compressed air to keep fire off the car,and waited until it went out. Not the dumbest thing i have done. Serves as a reminder to think ahead, should have phone handy. Would have been a great picture.
Oops.
FYI - I found a cinder block very useful for holding the pans down tight till I got a few tacks to the rails

Well it is official I am off the clock today! I was on the Road by 0200hrs to Air compressor joint go thru Minneapolis and turn south. I had to pick up a large rental air compressor 460v 3ph it weighed in at right at 1400 pounds including pallet. I had some serious power steering in my 1/2 ton truck! Time for an imperial stout! Four hours there, three hours to get sorted out and loaded and 4.5 hrs back. Thankfully I don’t drive a Chevy or I would have had to pull a trailer. Just sayin…

3DB4F3E3-1429-494B-B057-57521761A171.jpeg

I had some serious power steering in my 1/2 ton truck!

My Dad was out of town working on I 40 long ago. He was going to do some concrete in the back yard over the weekend so he told me to go see his buddy at the local Redi Mix plant to get 1 cu. yd. of rock and sand for the concrete. I was like 17 yrs old and at that time the cu. yd. to weight wasn't implanted in my brain yet. Many aggregate materials are right about 1.5 tons/yard. in his F100 shortbed. It was a wild ride back to the house :lol:

You'll have to break out the Boons farm at your next tasting get together. I thought the Boons farm bottles were clear., or was that Annie green springs?

Got patch fabbed up for floor support. Decided to NOT weld late in the day. I was wore out. Knelt down to clean up some dirt and sawdust,had a real hard time getting back on my feet. This **** is getting old.

-
Back