Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They were around growing up 60's mid 70's probably. Along with Sunoco, Sinclare, Amoco, Getty and Gulf and of course Sunoco they had the 260!
I don't remember Sinclair in our part of Jersey and Amoco was American until mid 70s? Esso was pretty common, and of course became Exxon.
Atlantic was big in this area, then changed to Arco.
Forgot about Atlantic Richfield. Didn't see many of them but they were around. The one with the pegasus on the sign always caught my attention. Pretty sure that was Mobile's logo at the time.

I don't remember Sinclair in our part of Jersey and Amoco was American until mid 70s? Esso was pretty common, and of course became Exxon.

Forgot about Atlantic Richfield. Didn't see many of them but they were around. The one with the pegasus on the sign always caught my attention. Pretty sure that was Mobile's logo at the time.
Yep Mobil gas was Pegasus.
With the slogan up your a... with Mobil gas

Remember when Dave was making gas station illustrations, I posted this.
Stop in for a cup of coffee
Next page I found a photo of it as a post office, but did not figure out which gas station company had built it.

Yep Mobil gas was Pegasus.
With the slogan up your a... with Mobil gas

I started down a rabbit hole of old gas station photos. Some with great character and architecture. Others looking like they'd just collapse. Spotting the old ones along Route 30 is kinda cool.

Always thought Sinclair was a western brand, like CONOCO. I think most have been bought up by the handful of big Petros and just keep the signage for the locals to identify with. Kinda like grocery stores.

I had dropped this image into Random Pictures...
See what's sitting there. It's cool

Gas station.png

Keep me in mind if you see one built like the one along Rt 46 in Butzville
img_2510-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
That looks to be good evidence those were all Texaco. Find some older photos to see what the roof material originally was.

There was a old gas station complex on one of the Connecticut 'parkways'. Maybe the Merritt ?? It was still in use when I drove by, but that was mid 90s.
The first one was Cedar shakes. I bet the second one was too with a flat roof over the shop which was probably added later. It was replaced with green standing seam metal.

-
Back