Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sit ups destroy your hip flexors and have nothing to do with abdominal strength. There are better ways to assess.

I've always been a fan of MOS-based fitness tests.. but I'm also a believer that combat arms and special operations troops with over 6 years in the skill should get 5 -10% more in retirement pay than average troops. But I'm HIGHLY biased.
I was gonna red X ya as I think it should be 15%! Hah!

Some of last weeks work. Pulled out a framed plug and infilled with spare logs. Now to chink it all.

20220412_191739.jpg

20220412_191745.jpg

Sit ups destroy your hip flexors and have nothing to do with abdominal strength. There are better ways to assess.

I've always been a fan of MOS-based fitness tests.. but I'm also a believer that combat arms and special operations troops with over 6 years in the skill should get 5 -10% more in retirement pay than average troops. But I'm HIGHLY biased.
No I completely agree. I’d argue the same with air borne and air assault qualified.

Yeah well, marines are crazy anyway. :lol:

Went to a joint school (6 months long) Marine contingent was doing their PFT. I asked if I could take it with them. It was a hoot. I made sure to wear my ARMY PT shirt. Most of the J-heads were in their tech school, so young studs. I was a SSG at the time.

Do the minimums and pace your self? WTF? That is the exact recipe for getting thrown out of your unit in the Marine Corps.
But keep in mind, the army runs a pt test every 3 months, so do the minimum the first time, pass it, then the next test, go for the max if you want. But right now, on a brand new test that few soldiers have ever taken more than once, it’s not worth risking a fail. Figure the test out, then find the max. which in the Army, these days only counts towards bragging rights. There’s no extra points or badges anymore for maxing it. Only certain high op tempo Schools require a high score other than passing, such as Ranger or sniper or airborne, which require a 90 percent score in each event.

Scheduled power outage, 10 til noon. Its 9:00. Didnt get to make a coffee. Little generator barely runs the coffee maker. It stalls. Got it done though.

When I was on the team at the PD they had a five event PT test with a one mile run...(quartly range qual also).
For twenty years four times a year between March and October we took the PT test.
The National Guard had two APFT's a year.
So with six test in a seven month period I was in decent shape.
I think health wise it has greatly benefited me as I've gotten older.

good morning men When I was in the Navy, the PT for me did not even register as an event. BUT I was young and in shape.....now, forget it!!!

2600# A little lighter than a stripped 63-66 Valiant 2 door post.

protate.png
Well back from the Mrs Test she is good. Damit I just raised the life insurance!

Last edited:
Kind of funny we used to have the machine shop make up medals for special people.
Such as

I saw a F 16 once
I saw sand once
I almosed deployed but had finals
I got pregnat on purpouse (pacifiers are for succenting awards)

Some I wont list have pics of them somewhere, pretty funny one airwoman thought it was real and wore the pink one on her dress uniform for a inspection once.

-
Back