Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
John's getting ready for a pistol match. You need to find one of these to maximize your practice time...:lol:
@Sublime one

273209005_1547702505613903_8296753397862371417_n-jpg.jpg

I love the studebake trucks. A friend just scored a 50ish bed for one now he is looking for the truck to put it on! Seriously!
I have a 49 studebaker box, but its ratty. Thinking on setting it behind a 50 chevy cab.

John's getting ready for a pistol match. You need to find one of these to maximize your practice time...:lol:
@Sublime one

View attachment 1715910863
Unrelated topic .

did you see the army reversed course and went back to Age and gender standard differences on the new pt test after nearly a decade of them swearing there would be a single standard for all? Gee I guess someone finally realized that a 39 yr old SFC ain’t in the same capability as a 17!yr old private

@Sublime one

View attachment 1715910863
I really wish this match would get here and be done. The Benchmark I have set for myself has only been achieved by 11 guys in the last four plus years out of how ever many hundreds of guys that tried. I am not satisfied I am physically able to do it but I figure aim small miss small!

Unrelated topic .

did you see the army reversed course and went back to Age and gender standard differences on the new pt test after nearly a decade of them swearing there would be a single standard for all? Gee I guess someone finally realized that a 39 yr old SFC ain’t in the same capability as a 17!yr old private
I did see that. When that bright idea was published I knew it wouldn't last long and it didn't.

Unrelated topic .

I will ping our boy on it, not sure if that has made it to the field yet?

I did see that. When that bright idea was published I knew it wouldn't last long and it didn't.
I knew as soon as the SGM of the Army failed it last fall, that things would be a changing. Plus right now, 68 percent are failing it. Again, it’s the same story, 2 mile run is an *** kicker

I really wish this match would get here and be done. The Benchmark I have set for myself has only been achieved by 11 guys in the last four plus years out of how ever many hundreds of guys that tried. I am not satisfied I am physically able to do it but I figure aim small miss small!
With you make it 12 guys. You'll be fine.

I will ping our boy on it, not sure if that has made it to the field yet?
I think the first official scores start in October. But it’s been in use Army wide as a practice test for 2 years now.

I knew as soon as the SGM of the Army failed it last fall, that things would be a changing. Plus right now, 68 percent are failing it. Again, it’s the same story, 2 mile run is an *** kicker
I hated the run portion, we had to do 3 miles in 18 minutes. Our Gunny would run all three miles with a cigar in his mouth in sheer defiance. It was lit when he started and still lit when he crossed finish line. He always made the 18 min mark regardless of how long it took him. He was God!

I’m on the fence. Tack on driver’s side 1/4 panel or finish passenger side. Im thinking finish the one i started. Then seal it up, and while stuff is curing/drying i can work on other side. Yup, that’s the plan.

After all they do (test events) in a shorter time frame of course it's a high fail rate. I remember reading the standards and thought it was a tough test. PT training is always low on the unit training calendar too many other tasks required.

I hated the run portion, we had to do 3 miles in 18 minutes. Our Gunny would run all three miles with a cigar in his mouth in sheer defiance. It was lit when he started and still lit when he crossed finish line. He always made the 18 min mark regardless of how long it took him. He was God!
Back in the day when I went through basic we had to do out PT test run in boots. That was a stupid requirement.
Lots of foot and shin problems amongst the troops.
A big difference between running a mile, two, or three compared to 10, 20, or 30 yards when someone is trying to shoot you.

Unrelated topic .

In today's world this 57 year old retired SFC could probably run most 17 y/o into the dirt :lol:

But yeah, the Tom Brady PT plan was a bad idea. Did they finally call stupid on that combat fitness test.

Back in the day when I went through basic we had to do out PT test run in boots. That was a stupid requirement.
Lots of foot and shin problems amongst the troops.
A big difference between running a mile, two, or three compared to 10, 20, or 30 yards when someone is trying to shoot you.
Boots and war belt for us! For those not military, war belt is webbing with a canteen and also a first aid kit, all else stripped off for the run. Weight is a thing!

In today's world this 57 year old retired SFC could probably run most 17 y/o into the dirt :lol:

But yeah, the Tom Brady PT plan was a bad idea. Did they finally call stupid on that combat fitness test.
Haha in some cases yes.

but no, they’re not scraping the combat fitness test. Just modifying the standards too it. (Which btw, my fat *** passed the practice diagnostic one last month) . The problem is, people wear themselves out on all the stuff BEFORE the 2 mile run. Just do the minimums and pace yourselve. It’s been sold as this super *** kicking test and honesty, the old test wasn’t any easier or harder. Just less events. I’m happy sit ups are done. Sit-ups killed my knee, simply cause if my knee remains at a certain angle for long, It swells.

Haha in some cases yes.

but no, they’re not scraping the combat fitness test. Just modifying the standards too it. (Which btw, my fat *** passed the practice diagnostic one last month) . The problem is, people wear themselves out on all the stuff BEFORE the 2 mile run. Just do the minimums and pace yourselve. It’s been sold as this super *** kicking test and honesty, the old test wasn’t any easier or harder. Just less events. I’m happy sit ups are done. Sit-ups killed my knee, simply cause if my knee remains at a certain angle for long, It swells.

Sit ups destroy your hip flexors and have nothing to do with abdominal strength. There are better ways to assess.

I've always been a fan of MOS-based fitness tests.. but I'm also a believer that combat arms and special operations troops with over 6 years in the skill should get 5 -10% more in retirement pay than average troops. But I'm HIGHLY biased.

Haha in some cases yes.

Do the minimums and pace your self? WTF? That is the exact recipe for getting thrown out of your unit in the Marine Corps.

-
Back