Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Mitch, do they have a lot of weapons in VN.
I mean with all that was in country years back I figured every household has an AK and a sack of grenades.

Good Morning All! New coffee pot today cause I broke the old one!

:eek:

clear.png

I mean with all that was in country years back I figured every household has an AK and a sack of grenades.
The military stockades have all the weapons here. Firearms are illegal in Vietnam for citizens. Even the 4-in folding buck knife I carry in my pocket everyday I'm told that is illegal. But I still carry it.:lol:

Also you got to remember that was 50 years ago.....

The military stockades have all the weapons here. Firearms are illegal in Vietnam for citizens. Even the 4-in folding buck knife I carry in my pocket everyday I'm told that is illegal. But I still carry it.:lol:
So if they are caught with a firearm it's a serious offense or can they buy their way off?? Just trying to get a sense of how it goes there.

Literally broke it in to much?

Bounced the coffee pot off of the stove when it was full of water, it cracked (the pot, not the glass top stove). Wife was kinda glad somehow as she did break a stove that way a few years ago lol! Anyhoo, we've had one coffee maker, one Kurig, now we have a combo. Son of a gun was $170 with a 5% scratch off promo, holy cow!

So if they are caught with a firearm it's a serious offense or can they buy their way off?? Just trying to get a sense of how it goes there.
Now they are pretty serious about no firearms in the public here. I have not heard of any ghost guns or black market guns. Only about 20% of the police officers I have seen actually carry a weapon and that's an automatic or revolver no long guns

Post office, some last minute things to do.
Have a person to feed my cats, and fish while I'm gone.
Days of driving ahead. Should be fun times I hope.
Get to meet some folks here.

But yes corruption here is a problem. Never involves firearms though. Usually involves traffic accidents or stops for drinking and driving. Can usually pay the police officer about $200 USD and you're free. Also plenty of corruption on the business side of things here and the political side

Now they are pretty serious about no firearms in the public here. I have not heard of any ghost guns or black market guns. Only about 20% of the police officers I have seen actually carry a weapon and that's an automatic or revolver no long guns
The question is....do they have a lot of thieves, drug dealers? Is there an addiction problem there?

Hmm interesting. With all the drinking they do is there a lot of fighting or is it a happy drunk place.
I figured drugs are readily available being where they are in Asia. Is that a problem??

Tikey not likey
I am by no means an anti-gun activist. But they don't have a murder here very often and when they do it's usually by blade. I've never even seen military guys in uniform and all the times I've been here in Vietnam No military equipment no automatic long guns nothing like that never seen it. The biggest crime in Vietnam is petty crime as mostly in the tourist cities where they will snatch a woman's purse or a phone if you're not careful with it. That's about the extent of it

Post office, some last minute things to do.
Have a person to feed my cats, and fish while I'm gone.
Days of driving ahead. Should be fun times I hope.
Get to meet some folks here.
Keep us posted and have fun. You'll love MITP great show.

The question is....do they have a lot of thieves, drug dealers? Is there an addiction problem there?
Small petty theft here Tike. But I have heard that you can buy drugs in the big cities like Saigon or Hanoi. But I don't think it's a huge problem like it is in America.

Hmm interesting. With all the drinking they do is there a lot of fighting or is it a happy drunk place.
I figured drugs are readily available being where they are in Asia. Is that a problem??
In my experience most Asians are a happy drunks. I don't think I've seen any kind of brawls here at all. Drugs are available here in Asia but you don't hear or see a very often. I feel safer walking down a back alley in Hanoi or Saigon at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. in the morning then I would feel safe walking in southeast Washington DC in the middle of the day.kkkkkkkk

Good morning everyone. Well, I checked on my hood yesterday and spent several hours there. Had to change the lace and stripe ideas. Once it was on the hood, it didn't look right. In my rendering, you can't see all the curves and shapes in the scoop. Nailed down a pattern. Hopefully paint today.

Good morning everyone. Well, I checked on my hood yesterday and spent several hours there. Had to change the lace and stripe ideas. Once it was on the hood, it didn't look right. In my rendering, you can't see all the curves and shapes in the scoop. Nailed down a pattern. Hopefully paint today.
They paint it and do you have to let it harden (the paint Karl) for a few days before you put it on??

Glad you caught it and are getting it changed to what you like, can't wait to see it!

Morning!
Guess im going early for brekkie. Buddy is back from Africa. And he’s buying!
Good, i need his excavator here.
But today is moving the metalworking tools into old office. And clean quonset.

-
Back