Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No personal firearms allowed in Vietnam. Even the 4-in folding buck knife I carry in my pocket they tell me is illegal. I've only seen about 20% of police officers with a revolver. I've never seen any long guns or military hardware or anything like that anywhere. They keep it all behind the gates of the stockades or compounds. Crime rate is near zero in Vietnam. As for cars there are probably only about 20% cars as compared to motorcycles. There are however lots of trucks. The import tax on vehicles excludes most people from buying one. Which is okay because gas right now is almost $1.50 a liter
Thanks. We were having lunch at the new Pho place here in town and it came up given the current events.

Dual exhaust on a /6 isn't common

At least I don't believe so
That was the kit i bought for the fargo. I used 2-45s and 2 90 degree pipes and 3 straight pieces.
Kit has 4 of each, u bend 90 degree 45 degree and 4 4 foot straight.

That was the kit i bought for the fargo. I used 2-45s and 2 90 degree pipes and 3 straight pieces.
Kit has 4 of each, u bend 90 degree 45 degree and 4 4 foot straight.

Hmm...

I wanted to reuse all of the existing pipe. 4 extensions, new mufflers and replacing all the hangers.

P.S. it's all 2" pipe

Well truth be told I am prepping for my impending visit to Zmans porch. Hah! Lord knows we need supervision! Can’t wait to take a wrong turn Saturday and end up on his porch!

16904215-3D3B-4C81-8082-D3E537C9B0F6.jpeg

Dual exhaust on a /6 isn't common

At least I don't believe so
Oh people do it a lot, but that doesn't make it optimal. I've never seen an inline engine that didn't run better with a good single exhaust.......and I've seen several conversions FROM dual to single and all of them had more power. Very noticeable.

Oh people do it a lot, but that doesn't make it optimal. I've never seen an inline engine that didn't run better with a good single exhaust.......and I've seen several conversions FROM dual to single and all of them had more power. Very noticeable.

Thanks RRR... I'm just cleaning up and repairing what was set up in the car when I bought it.

Morning Chris. If you need 2" band clamps for the exhaust have a bunch I a never going to use with me at carlisle. They sent me the wrong ones.

Morning Chris. If you need 2" band clamps for the exhaust have a bunch I a never going to use with me at carlisle. They sent me the wrong ones.

Hey thanks Hop. Appreciate the offer. IF things go well I should have the exhaust done in the next week or so as soon as the parts show. I went through Sunmit.. they are quick (usually within 2 or 3 days UPS) Going to weld what I can and U-clamp the outlet.

Good Morning By- the- way

i SWITCHED TO BAND CLAMPS only and tell you what never leak and if you ever have to take them apart no dents on the joints you have to get apart. Most parts stores have them also around 5 each.

71rNQu9cGhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i SWITCHED TO BAND CLAMPS only and tell you what never leak and if you ever have to take them apart no dents on the joints you have to get apart. Most parts stores have them also around 5 each.

View attachment 1715936742

So you're saying better to use than traditional U- bolts then? Or.welds as well?

I had some in the shopping cart but wasn't sure so I dropped them out

They do not do any "crimping" on the pipe, think slip fit and then tightens without denting the pipe like a reg exhaust clamp does so making adjustments and taking the pipes apart is super easy.

-
Back