Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Right back at it I see. Hope the vacay was refreshing.....
Yes it was!!
We've already had a couple talks and decided we're going to get away for a week or so maybe longer three or four times a year.
Cheryl has always been our travel planner and is working up a travel bucket list.
We worked our butts off for 30+ years and can afford it so why not??

The yard in the past year we've moved a lot of dirt, brought in 130 one-ton slabs of limestone.
I took down 40 trees of various sizes, lots of flower beds created and filled, and a sprinkler system.
The yard is my two-year project and it's coming to a finish.
This doesn't include all the other stuff I did to the outside of the house a different list.
And then an whole almost complete remodel inside the house a different story.
It has been a long busy 15 months!!
We made it how we wanted it and got it all done up front to enjoy for years to come. :thumbsup:

Yes it was!!
We've already had a couple talks and decided we're going to get away for a week or so maybe longer three or four times a year.
Cheryl has always been our travel planner and is working up a travel bucket list.

The yard in the past year we've moved a lot of dirt, brought in 130 one-ton slabs of limestone.
I took down 40 trees of various sizes, lots of flower beds created and filled, and a sprinkler system.
This doesn't include all the other stuff I did to the outside of the house a different list.
We made it how we wanted it and got it all done up front to enjoy for years to come. :thumbsup:

Yeah you were making me feel pretty lazy during all that lol! Agree with you, time for travel/fun!

Yes it was!!

Great deal... get it where you want while you can and then (try) to kick back a bit

I get to prep for painting walls and ceilings today. Might run into town and snag some scaffolding from HF as it is 20% off today. I need to pull some romex and wire in some high bay lights in the shop. And I got one more sheet to hang on pump house and it is in the dry. I had to add a circuit breaker to the box and pull some 110 then I can run a heater out there come winter. We have been working from about 0500 until 2100 most everyday, shower and bed. Rinse and repeat. This retirement thing is killing me. I need to get a job so I can rest. This is worse than harvest season!

I get to prep for painting walls and ceilings today. Might run into town and snag some scaffolding from HF as it is 20% off today. I need to pull some romex and wire in some high bay lights in the shop. And I got one more sheet to hang on pump house and it is in the dry. I had to add a circuit breaker to the box and pull some 110 then I can run a heater out there come winter. We have been working from about 0500 until 2100 most everyday, shower and bed. Rinse and repeat. This retirement thing is killing me. I need to get a job so I can rest. This is worse than harvest season!
Probably no time for pics, sounds like you're getting it done!

The pix are of the room we are painting today. It will be the bar area. Romex hanging from ceiling will be lights over the bar. We are so tight on space I move most everything 3-4 times to do anything. Once we get upstairs finished we can move kitchen and living area upstairs. That will help. It is really just one very long camping trip!

5B5ABA6E-D590-40A1-875F-C19204F4016F.jpeg

58382EA8-8A84-4D1D-B206-7C488C3618EB.jpeg

E1BC240C-DC23-4C1C-A5FA-59ED3573C35C.jpeg

80DB1FEC-5264-4AC1-8E36-C24C64FC1AF5.jpeg

D46CD2FC-B0F9-48EE-8672-AC6B822EBC69.jpeg

D344082D-EF36-4B83-BE8D-DA1BCDD4742B.jpeg

John sounds like my past year all I can say is pace yourself. Your boss down there is a slave driver. :D
I made a mistake and ran full bore every day for seven months to the point I got sick.
Keep up the good work!!

The pix are of the room we are painting today. It will be the bar area. Romex hanging from ceiling will be lights over the bar. We are so tight on space I move most everything 3-4 times to do anything. Once we get upstairs finished we can move kitchen and living area upstairs. That will help. It is really just one very long camping trip!

View attachment 1715981089

View attachment 1715981090

View attachment 1715981091

View attachment 1715981092

View attachment 1715981093

View attachment 1715981094

Get the bar done first and you might not get any further lol!

Hemi isnt impressed at all. A certain chair is missing?

Morning!
Another nice one, but cooler.
Have to work today as i slacked off on Friday.
Impala wheel bearings. Should go easy.

Some plumbing on the adgenda today. Dishwasher to put in and noticed a leak in the basement. No idea how long it has been there thanks to the dungeon with dirt floors.

I’m guessing the color will be… sublime

Well after three days of bouncing around inside that skid steer, I waived the white flag and decided I’m done. Taking it back tomorrow .

Yes. Sadly 10 lives lost. They are still at large..
And gun control is a problem? Ya, i disagree. Enough about that.
For some reason people, or at least our society, has generally forgot? or are unaware how effective and deadly hand weapons can be.
This was a pretty good discussion/demo of this regarding WW1 trench warfare

Last edited:
-
Back