Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Shhhh.... :lol:

I have some smoke coming off of the /6..thinking maybe the valve seals... Going to do a compression test after the transmission swap is done...sooooooo LOL

Not easy to find an early 273 kicking around. I'm sticking with the 904 so that will drive any future considerations

People almost give away 273's because they are hard to get rid of...

Most part them out and get money for the commando valve covers and adjustable rocker arms, and the forged cranks...

You can also use a 318 and it will look just like a 273, have a little more power than a 318, the 318 will bolt in exactly like a 273 with the same motor mounts, and they are cheap and available all over... :D

You know the whole testing thing is confusing. I can't remember the days to wait CDC goes with and not going to look it up.
Wife had a mild case a couple months ago. She read that you can test positive up to 90 days.
She took the CDC guidelines after symptoms were gone waited five days (maybe seven) and returned to normal activities.
Must be a work rule?? But hey as long as their paying...
That's about the way I did it. I never did a final test. I still have some coughing and cold type symptoms.

I have some smoke coming off of the /6..thinking maybe the valve seals... Going to do a compression test after the transmission swap is done...sooooooo LOL

Not easy to find an early 273 kicking around. I'm sticking with the 904 so that will drive any future considerations
If i could ship you my early v8 904 i would. Be too spensive tho.

That's about the way I did it. I never did a final test. I still have some coughing and cold type symptoms.

They never final tested me either... Just told me that I could go out 10 days after first sign of symptoms showed up...

Something like after 5 days not contagious, and Covid will run its course and be done within 10 days...

People almost give away 273's because they are hard to get rid of...

Most part them out and get money for the commando valve covers and adjustable rocker arms, and the forged cranks...

You can also use a 318 and it will look just like a 273, have a little more power than a 318, the 318 will bolt in exactly like a 273 with the same motor mounts, and they are cheap and available all over... :D

Intake, carb, valve covers, and dual points are all good property from the Charger/Commando engines.. Usually more valuable sold separately than as a complete engine. The steel cranks and rocker gear are good sellers too. Used pistons, rods and blocks not so much. Oh I forgot the crazy oil filter adapters. They can go for stupid money.

If i could ship you my early v8 904 i would. Be too spensive tho.

I have a 65 904 with only 45 k miles that I bought from a guy I used to work with that had a 65 Barracuda 273 2 bbl and swapped a 340 into it... His original drivetrain had 45 k miles... I got his motor, trans, and axle... The motor is gone, the axle I blew up in my 68 Barracuda with a 318, but I still have the trans...

We could send it on the FABO MoparTim express next time he passes through to Carlisle...

Last edited:
Couple things put away, my oil service drain is emptied into the drum, just need to load it. Spoke with Dr this morning, wants to take mom for ct scan. Will be sedated for the trip. That should be not good at all.
Mom wont be returning to assisted living, have to go clear out her suite.

Route 66 Dirt Oval in Joliet is back... They have a team demo derby this weekend... @Unconventional would love it...

Route 66 Dirt Oval.jpg

I have a 65 904 with only 45 k miles that I bought from a guy I used to work with that had a 65 Barracuda and swapped a 340 into it... His original drivetrain had 45 k miles... I got his motor, trans, and axle... The motor is gone, the axle I blew up in my 68 Barracuda with a 318, but I still have the trans...

We could send it on the FABO MoparTim express next time he passes through to Carlisle...

Hah! Yeah, I've got my rebuilt 904 sitting on a dolly in the garage (the non-inflatable type :lol:) and I'll have the old one out of the car here shortly. Of course I have two rear axles sitting here as well...

Couple things put away, my oil service drain is emptied into the drum, just need to load it. Spoke with Dr this morning, wants to take mom for ct scan. Will be sedated for the trip. That should be not good at all.
Mom wont be returning to assisted living, have to go clear out her suite.

Oh boy...

I hope things go well for her...

Hah! Yeah, I've got my rebuilt 904 sitting on a dolly in the garage (the non-inflatable type :lol:) and I'll have the old one out of the car here shortly. Of course I have two rear axles sitting here as well...

If you swap a 318 in there, you should upgrade the axle as well... I blew up three 7 1/4" axles with a mild 318 with a 4 bbl and dual exhaust... I then went to an 8 3/4" axle and never blew one of those on the same 318 for over 200 k miles...

Morning, lots done yesterday around the house. Need to find and issue with the power brakes on the 32. Got them working Friday drove about 30 miles Saturday and no power brakes.

If you swap a 318 in there, you should upgrade the axle as well... I blew up three 7 1/4" axles with a mild 318 with a 4 bbl and dual exhaust... I then went to an 8 3/4" axle and never blew one of those on the same 318 for over 200 k miles...

My understanding is that if I went that large on an Early-A I would have to shorten the axle?

That one took me a second or two to get. :rofl::rofl:

Not if it's a A body 8 3/4.
8 1/4 out of a 73 duster is 1/2 narrower then the 7 1/4 i removed, witch was great, street and track an 8 1/4 with sure grip enjoyed it self behind my truck, 330 hp for a ton of miles and hard hits at the track, but it would be cool to have an 8 3/4 :thumbsup:

-
Back