Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hàkarl It has a strong ammonia-rich smell and fishy taste, making hákarl an acquired taste. ... Fermented shark is readily available in Icelandic

What is Anders username? Maybe he has some insight?
My son went over to Iceland and had whale, hmmm.

Hàkarl It has a strong ammonia-rich smell and fishy taste, making hákarl an acquired taste. ... Fermented shark is readily available in Icelandic

What is Anders username? Maybe he has some insight?

I've had the shark when I was in Iceland. THAT is freaking pungent... yikes. No wonder they serve it in little, tiny cubes...

And by "fermented" they mean buried in the ground until the deadly levels of ammonia leach out of the shark's flesh.

I've tried some things, like escargot (sounds better than snails?). Thought if I ever visited the P.I. in the Navy I'd try Balut that's pretty gross to tho.
Had that iin HI. Eat at a local Philapenos houuse they get insulted if you dont finish your meal. Nasty as hell.

I don't think I'm big on a lot of UK food, when I was in Mallorca Spain there was a large Brit population in the Malaga Bay area, tried those English beans on toast and all that ****, not very good to me but I tried it.
Dam I was in Palma in 87 or 88. Liked it we did Xmas and new years there. Brit bar NYE was interesting to say the least. Fun people but super bland food. Like PA!

OPIHI was a very expensive one in Hawaii, same deal had to eat it. Basically a barnical that grows on splashed coastal rocks.
Opihi-1.jpg.webp

Opposite for me Can't sleep under stress.
:thumbsup:
I felt like cracking today. First time under this new job. I have 13 days to submit 41 projects worth nearly a quarter billion dollars and let’s just say, it’s like trying to beat a hemi Cuda with a 170 slant 6 in a drag race while towing a yacht
Holly smokes Batman !! That a bunch to deal with !

OPIHI was a very expensive one in Hawaii, same deal had to eat it. Basically a barnical that grows on splashed coastal rocks.
Opihi-1.jpg.webp
they look like christmas cookies with half an almond in each cookie. Think I'll pass. lol

That's the thing with me in Vietnam. I will try just about anything that they have in front of me, unless it's utterly disgusting then I'll pass. But I have tried most things. Lol

Friend of mine was a commercial diver working at Diablo Canyon Nuke plant. We had a particularly bad winter one year and the tides and breakers pretty much destroyed the breakwater around the cooling water intakes and they had to be rebuilt. Like RIGHT NOW had to be rebuilt. 3-5 ton rock is not the easiest aggregate to find or mine, big $$. Figgers, do less to the rock process wise and charge more for it :lol: . Contractor was using a 75t crane to retrieve the rock from the ocean bed drag it up and place it with a dozer. One of the dozer hand's duties was to pry the Abalones off these rocks and pitch them back in the sea. Abalone is big money in the fish markets. Dozer operator keeps a stash of Abalone sized rocks on his tractor. When he finds an Ab on a rock he pries it off and throws a rock into the sea and throws the Ab into his tractor :lol:. My diver buddy got 5 Abalones per week as hush money :rofl:

So is this someone who didn't set the date on their camera or are these 9 year old photos?

Thinking camera... always amusing to see the photos in FBM... like "could you maybe have thrown away the McDonald's wrappers before you took the interior photo?" Or "maybe you should have pulled the intake out of the dirt before you snapped that photo?"

$25k

Screenshot_20230302_081953_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230302_081953_Facebook~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230302_081953_Facebook~3.jpg

-
Back