Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not cheap like 70 a section. Why? Or should I not ask?
So the ones pictured we’ve had for ever. Never used them until last year when we had trouble crossing the creek with the tractor and combine. The bridge across is good, it’s the soft sand on the other side. We’ve tried gravel but with every flood, it washes away. So the thought is to use these when we cross, then take them back up when done. It worked last year but we didn’t have enough so we had to drive, pull them up, put them back down over and over. For about 175 ft

Anyone hear from RustyRatRod, I don't know what town he live in Georgia, but a big *** Tornado is on the ground headed straight east..
This has been a terrible storm system, has kill 25 people in Mississippi.. @RustyRatRod
60 mile south of Atlanta, near Greenville
We're good Mike. Thanks for thinkin of us. Milledgeville to the east of us got hit and took some damage to their hospital. It's far from over yet, though.

So the ones pictured we’ve had for ever. Never used them until last year when we had trouble crossing the creek with the tractor and combine. The bridge across is good, it’s the soft sand on the other side. We’ve tried gravel but with every flood, it washes away. So the thought is to use these when we cross, then take them back up when done. It worked last year but we didn’t have enough so we had to drive, pull them up, put them back down over and over. For about 175 ft
Used chain link fence works great with large gravel over it.

Used chain link fence works great with gravel over it.
Trying to avoid wasting anymore money on gravel. Every year now for the last 7-8, we had gravel hauled in. We had 300 tons hauled in in the fall of 2021, by fall of 2022, it was no where to be found. Kind of starts to add up. But there’s 10 acres on the other side profitable only when we don’t have a 6000 dollar gravel bill

Trying to avoid wasting anymore money on gravel. Every year now for the last 7-8, we had gravel hauled in. We had 300 tons hauled in in the fall of 2021, by fall of 2022, it was no where to be found. Kind of starts to add up. But there’s 10 acres on the other side profitable only when we don’t have a 6000 dollar gravel bill
The fence locks it in place. We did that alot with the h-60's

Norfolk Southern might have some damaged rail cars for sale cheap. They have tore up a bunch here in the recent past. :BangHead:
I thought about when it gets dry, digging in some fallen trees and covering with rock that way if the rock washes out, the trees would still let us get by.

Sounds like you need a culvert and some 4" base.
Nope. Again, the creek itself isn’t a problem. It’s got a solid concrete bridge. It’s getting thru the 175-200 ft of sand on the opposite bank that has always been an issue.

Used chain link fence works great with large gravel over it.
Shortly after we were married, Kitty showed me what to use a piece of chain link fence for. She dug a hole in the yard and cooked a pig in it using some chain link fence. Yeah I got a goodun. lol

Nope. Again, the creek itself isn’t a problem. It’s got a solid concrete bridge. It’s getting thru the 175-200 ft of sand on the opposite bank that has always been an issue.
Keep the sand wet. Build a wind mill to drive a pump to pump the creek water to the sprinklers on the sandy road :rolleyes: :lol:

I tell it's the curse of The Winter Nationals :lol:

Tuesday Night
A 50 percent chance of rain, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Wednesday
Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Wednesday Night
Rain likely, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Thursday
Rain likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 60.

Nice day here. Sunny and temp gonna pass 60. Think I will get some grass seed on a few bare spots.

Nice! It's snowing here. :mob: :mob:
2ug5wf.jpg

Morning, mid 40s here then some snow tonight and tomorrow. Dukeboy see if anyone out there has decomposed Granit, locks in hard but let's water through.

Flip flops and tee shirts here today. House windows all thrown open. Jodi is getting ready to road trip today for work. I will be left alone and unsupervised till Friday. What could possibly go wrong? Hardest decision is….Liquor store, Strip Club or Gun Shop!

Flip flops and tee shirts here today. House windows all thrown open. Jodi is getting ready to road trip today for work. I will be left alone and unsupervised till Friday. What could possibly go wrong? Hardest decision is….Liquor store, Strip Club or Gun Shop!
Or all of the above! Party on Garth!!!

-
Back