Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Cheers by the way working man up in northwest Arkansas

20230416_155418.jpg

Wish I had a hit on the charts worth a bunch of green...
Well , I knew something was up for me to be feeling terrible for 14 days :( :BangHead:, I have contracted covid, I tested positive today, but they said I am on the back side of it, z pack and antibiotics start tomorrow morning, when U got this two weeks ago I was at an auction with a bunch of car parts, a 20 thousand dollar Maverick, and a 45 thousand dollar Cobra, cobra sold for 16 grand, Maverick went for 9 grand, I bought a few things and talked to a bunch of old friends, some got so close I had to be rude and back up as they talked..
My PC doctor already had 15 people test positive, 3 are in the hospital now in bad shape and those 3 never got the shots, so I am glad I am not in the hospital, he asked if I had my shots, I said yes, all 6. He said I don't have any worries then, only bad cases he has seen never had them.
Glad I stayed to myself while I was bad sick , they say the first 5 days are the only days I can transmit to anyone.
Pharmacy said these pills will Jake me up so don't start them today, breakfast time I will get all jaked up and see if This dang headache leaves.
Its been a long two weeks men, hope to be moving better soon.
@toolmanmike will be happy to have more help with this site I am sure, and all the other modes
Get well soon mike

Wonder if the guts can be swapped. How the hell you break a slant?
To expand a bit on this, the 727 pushbutton has almost entirely different internals than the pushbutton 904 that he had dumped all that money into. Also, considering the amount of problems he had with that one, I wouldn’t even think about taking any of those parts and putting in a different trans. That’s just asking for additional issues. There are a few things that would transfer over but again, risk vs reward.

A rebuild kit for the 727 is about 150-200 bucks depending on the clutches you pick. I can walk you thru it Chris, it’s not hard at all. But I would for sure not try deleting the rear pump in this one. Like I said before, very rarely has anyone successfully done it for long. And there’s really no benefit to doing so. The rear pump does eat a bit of horse power but it’s marginal at best.

Like I said before, very rarely has anyone successfully done it for long

Had a lengthy discussion with Rick Allison at A and A he explained the complexity and low return on accomplishing an early 904 rear pump bypass (which is essentially what it is... not a "removal" as demonstrated in the photo I posted.

considering the amount of problems he had with that one, I wouldn’t even think about taking any of those parts and putting in a different trans.

From conversations and analysis the attempt was a hardware swap of the valve body only. Fail

I do agree that I'm going to start fresh just from a superstion perspective.

Tonight I grilled ribeye's that I'd seasoned and let set for 24 hours with some cast iron peppers and mushrooms for dinner... YUM!!
Ice cream and homemade banana bread for desert with a couple Woodford reserve toddies. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wish I had a hit on the charts worth a bunch of green...
Well , I knew something was up for me to be feeling terrible for 14 days :( :BangHead:, I have contracted covid, I tested positive today, but they said I am on the back side of it, z pack and antibiotics start tomorrow morning, when U got this two weeks ago I was at an auction with a bunch of car parts, a 20 thousand dollar Maverick, and a 45 thousand dollar Cobra, cobra sold for 16 grand, Maverick went for 9 grand, I bought a few things and talked to a bunch of old friends, some got so close I had to be rude and back up as they talked..
My PC doctor already had 15 people test positive, 3 are in the hospital now in bad shape and those 3 never got the shots, so I am glad I am not in the hospital, he asked if I had my shots, I said yes, all 6. He said I don't have any worries then, only bad cases he has seen never had them.
Glad I stayed to myself while I was bad sick , they say the first 5 days are the only days I can transmit to anyone.
Pharmacy said these pills will Jake me up so don't start them today, breakfast time I will get all jaked up and see if This dang headache leaves.
Its been a long two weeks men, hope to be moving better soon.
@toolmanmike will be happy to have more help with this site I am sure, and all the other modes
Sounds like you're on the downside to recovery. Take it easy and rest it's a recovery for the next few weeks.
Two years ago, I was one of those on the covid floor in the hospital and was a lucky one walking out after just five days.
The covid shot wasn't available then. The doctor told me since I'd never smoked and was healthy and in good shape meant the difference.
He also said as bad I had been when I walked in the hospital I'd have great natural immunity and would never need a covid shot.
To date I've haven't had one. Take it easy and get well.

Last edited:
Had a lengthy discussion with Rick Allison at A and A he explained the complexity and low return on accomplishing an early 904 rear pump bypass (which is essentially what it is... not a "removal" as demonstrated in the photo I posted.

From conversations and analysis the attempt was a hardware swap of the valve body only. Fail

I do agree that I'm going to start fresh just from a superstion perspective.
So the transmission you got from Stan is no good?

Morning boys

Bruins take game 1 but the Panthers were impressive on the attack. Ullmark was crazy in net. Boston better get their defense going.

Morning!
-3°. High of 9. F150 is still in shop, not happy with brakes and ther is a rubbing noise.don’t think its a wheel bearing but wont know until i jack front end up. And something wierd with the steering.

-
Back