Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Does sort of being in the USO.
Count.
USO are great when you have a long layover. Once we were coming home with the kids and had a 5 hour layover in I think Atlanta. One kid threw up on himself. Went to the uso so the kids were kind of free to run around. Man they let us use the shower, had a change of clothes. Had toys, Recliners and TV. Really made what would have been horrible much better. Only thing I still donate to.

The one in Chicago is kick *** also.

That was one of my secrets when we would deploy and get to the freaking airport 10 hours early all the time. Hurry up and wait. Usually had a USO and most of the troops were unaware of it. Go there grab a recliner and tell them what time to wake up. Freaking awesome!

Morning warriors and thank you for your military service and whatever else you may have done to make this a better safer world for us to live in!!

We played our charity golf tournament yesterday. Our four-person team turned into a threesome...haha Karl!! My golf buddy's wife went into the hospital Wednesday with breathing problems. Test found hemoglobin was a 5 which is not good. Got three pints of blood overnight and released the next day has a bleeding hernia they'll fix.

So we played three and played well getting second place with 36 teams. With that money and a proximity award I won Cheryl, and I got $120 back. I won the center line award which is a line down the middle of the fairway. Person with longest drive and closest to the line wins. I was 277 yards down and a foot off the line...pure luck on being that close but that's golf. I missed a second award by just a few yards closest to the green on a 340-yard hole. A blind shot over the trees cutting a big dogleg was 12 yards off the front of the green. A guy 30 years younger beat me haha. I did drive a short 320 yard green with a little wind and a nice bounce helping.

The only drawback to these is too much free beer for the idiots which turned this into a six-hour round. We had fun though!!

USO are great when you have a long layover. Once we were coming home with the kids and had a 5 hour layover in I think Atlanta. One kid threw up on himself. Went to the uso so the kids were kind of free to run around. Man they let us use the shower, had a change of clothes. Had toys, Recliners and TV. Really made what would have been horrible much better. Only thing I still donate to.

The one in Chicago is kick *** also.
We were flying out of Phoenix once. We'd both gotten food poisoning the day before and both felt like crap. Had two hours before our flight and went to the USO. Explained our situation and the lady put us in a family room quiet with recliners. She asked what time we needed to leave and came and made sure we were awake. Great thing they do for service members and families.

Not much going on here, sticking around doing chores all weekend. Changed a belt that was only a month old on my John Deere lawn tractor, never will buy aftermarket again, thing was split and wouldn't have mowed one more time.

Surplus Center has good fiberglass reinforced V belts for a great price. No double V though like my deck uses. They aint cheap! JD gets 90 for them. My friend gets the same belt aftermarket for 40 and they lasy way longer.

Surplus Center has good fiberglass reinforced V belts for a great price. No double V though like my deck uses. They aint cheap! JD gets 90 for them. My friend gets the same belt aftermarket for 40 and they lasy way longer.
I think it cost $56 and well worth it. Will likely still buy aftermarket spindles and oil filters but not belts.

I wouldn't change anything that doesn't need to be.
Its a false economy. 95 % of the new stuff isn't made as well as the old stuff.
If it has a soft wall or leak, that's anothe story.
Hard line the whole way. Steel or stainless steel. Cooler, stronger, lowest friction.
It's generally pretty well protected the way the factory ran it. I can't think of any location that got armor (coil).
Frame in the engine bay can sometimes be a bit close to headers (that's an issue on my 67 but no one else has those headers)
Yeah but 50 year old rubber fuel lines …. Yikes

Now the old metal line, I agree there

I'm poking around for the transmission, found one for 900, knew it wouldn't be cheap but not doing anything until it won't make it up the hill.

A bit off topic, but back in the day I had a friend who somehow obtained fuel from the airport to use at Atco in his hemi cuda
He always brought it in rusty looking gas cans and would strain it thru used pantyhose. Hey they were easy to obtain back then. Anyway they worked great as a filter. The exhaust smelled a bit fishey though.
You can buy Av Gas at any local airport. There’s no law preventing it

Depends on how long it's been sitting. Ask Tim.
Mitch and Matt beat me to the rest.
Stay with hard line for the long runs. I would change anything rubber, it is likely to fail. Brake hoses, fuel lines, etc. Vacuum hoses check it they are dry rotted, bend them. Another thing did the carbs get rebuilt and a ew accelerator pump and Needels and seats for ethanol fuel?

Morning warriors and thank you for your military service and whatever else you may have done to make this a better safer world for us to live in!!

We played our charity golf tournament yesterday. Our four-person team turned into a threesome...haha Karl!! My golf buddy's wife went into the hospital Wednesday with breathing problems. Test found hemoglobin was a 5 which is not good. Got three pints of blood overnight and released the next day has a bleeding hernia they'll fix.

So we played three and played well getting second place with 36 teams. With that money and a proximity award I won Cheryl, and I got $120 back. I won the center line award which is a line down the middle of the fairway. Person with longest drive and closest to the line wins. I was 277 yards down and a foot off the line...pure luck on being that close but that's golf. I missed a second award by just a few yards closest to the green on a 340-yard hole. A blind shot over the trees cutting a big dogleg was 12 yards off the front of the green. A guy 30 years younger beat me haha. I did drive a short 320 yard green with a little wind and a nice bounce helping.

The only drawback to these is too much free beer for the idiots which turned this into a six-hour round. We had fun though!!
Good they caught your friends wifes problem in time.
Sounds like you had a fun time otherwise
Filling in for Karl.
Do you know what the real definition of a foursome is?
That's when Two men see Two women on the golf course and try to talk them into sex, but they refuse .
So the force em.:eek::realcrazy::rofl:

Good they caught your friends wifes problem in time.
Sounds like you had a fun time otherwise
Filling in for Karl.
Do you know what the real definition of a foursome is?
That's when Two men see Two women on the golf course and try to talk them into sex, but they refuse .
So the force em.:eek::realcrazy::rofl:
Well the guys probably didn't try foreplay first : )

-
Back