Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So epic closet fail this morning, and no I was not trying to come out of the closet, in fact I was going in? I walk in and uniforms are all in a pile on the floor, I am thinking WTF? Body armor was all on the ends by the wall so I know it was not overloaded as it was not even sagging. I dig thru the pile and find the closet rod busted at the seam, very cleanly. In fact upon closer inspection there is no glue in the joint. Factory closet rod QA fail!

View attachment 1716107078
Bestest is when at the lumber yard and they try sell you/tell you (stell ?) that finger jointed pre-primed garbage is just as strong and durable for as solid trim. Yep. Sure it is. If you like building throw away houses.

When I first got the Demon running with the cam in it, I needed to hold the brakes with both feet at a stop sign. It needed more idle speed than the converter would allow. I changed the converter and it was night and day with no other changes. Once that was solved, tuning could happen. I will try bumping the timing up, that is quick and easy. Thanks as always Matt!
Thanks. Thats interesting. Did not have any evidence that converters would/could add load or not in the very low rpm range.
I wonder if the car companies changed converters when they increased idle rpms late 60s early 70s.

I've certainly recall some cars would want to creep at fast idle in drive.

And for some worthless group information...my epic weight loss program had hit a snag for the last week or two funny how the body works.
My weekly weigh in this morning though showed a loss 3 1/2 pounds last week down now 28.7 pounds since the first of the year.
Still have a few more to go but now it's a single digit number. :thumbsup:

And for some worthless group information...my epic weight loss program had hit a snag for the last week or two funny how the body works.
My weekly weigh in this morning though showed a loss 3 1/2 pounds last week down now 28.7 pounds since the first of the year.
Still have a few more to go but now it's a single digit number. :thumbsup:
Congrats.

IMG_20230626_102722.jpg
My sway bar goes through the front cross member.

Congrats.
Anyone wonders how I've done it it was kinda easy.
I gave up all the bad stuff i.e. 85% of the carbs I was eating No pop, chips, fries, very little beef, bread or pasta.
Within a couple weeks my eating habits really changed and now it just seems the norm.
Drank lots of water, exercise, and it came off a pound or two most weeks.
Yes, I still have a couple drinks and beers per week. Weird thing though alcohol just doesn't taste as good as it did.

Thanks. Thats interesting. Did not have any evidence that converters would/could add load or not in the very low rpm range.
I wonder if the car companies changed converters when they increased idle rpms late 60s early 70s.

I've certainly recall some cars would want to creep at fast idle in drive.
I think I may try hooking the vacuum advance on my boys car to manifold. See how it reacts to much more timing when going into gear. Quick easy check. And check for any vacuum leaks while messing around.

Anyone wonders how I've done it it was kinda easy.
I gave up all the bad stuff i.e. 85% of the carbs I was eating No pop, chips, fries, very little beef, bread or pasta.
Within a couple weeks my eating habits really changed and now it just seems the norm.
Drank lots of water, exercise, and it came off a pound or two most weeks.
Yes, I still have a couple drinks and beers per week. Weird thing though alcohol just doesn't taste as good as it did.
I'm a once a week carb meal guy. Red meat about once a month.
Breakfast during the week is a J D bread less egg sammich.
Weekends is peppers, onions, mushrooms and what ever else I toss in the frying pan.

Good to go, got everything taken care of. Only issue due to short VIN number had to get a VIN verification. I was able to get a State trooper to come right to the house, retired LEO is good for some things, :thumbsup:

Good to go, got everything taken care of. Only issue due to short VIN number had to get a VIN verification. I was able to get a State trooper to come right to the house, retired LEO is good for some things, :thumbsup:

NICE!

I actually had to get a FABO member to square me away. Sheriff and State just smiled and nodded their heads. Never showed up.

That reminds me, I was looking at the Demons front sway bar the other day wondering if I put it on correctly, sure seems a bit low? Thinking I might should have put it above the hanger brace not under? I will get a pix and post.
Factory bar, or? Is it correct bar for the year? I added a factory bar to mine, but I think they changed in 73-74. I didn't think you could actually get it mounted wrong. ‘75 goes through the K.

IMG_4410.jpeg

@71GSSDemon had to pull to the side of the road and ask (before I forget). Curious what your vacuum is at idle in neutral and in gear on the boys ride?
That's actually funny that you pulled over. I haven't checked his car. We just got it running after a cylinder head and cam change. I can do that tonight also, thanks!

-
Back