Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well a bit of lightning ended my brush hog session, I’m gone for a couple of hours and we got foggers and floggers, wet spots and car shows. It is official we are once again in the ditch. Might as well put mudders on this thread as we are never actually on the pavement, always in the ditch!

Working on sorting out this wide glide. Been sitting a while so I pulled the plugs and put some transmission fluid in the cylinders. Hoooked the jump box up to it cranked it over. So I know the starter and the solenoid is good. Looking into what engine oil to use in it and what oil to use in the primary and the transmission. Think I might have it sorted out. Plan is to start it up and see what it sounds like before I move on to the brakes and the rest of it.

I'm finding out that there's a lot of confusion as to what engine oil to use in this thing. I think I'm going to use 20W50 conventional in the engine. But then there's confusion on weather the primary shares that are not. Think I'm going to put 75W140 synthetic in the transmission though

Did a tool roundup,and opened hood on Fargo, retarded timing about that much, opened idle screws about a turn and no more stalling. Only thing is i know not why the choke is malfunctioning.

I'm finding out that there's a lot of confusion as to what engine oil to use in this thing. I think I'm going to use 20W50 conventional in the engine. But then there's confusion on weather the primary shares that are not. Think I'm going to put 75W140 synthetic in the transmission though
Not a bike guy, but after I did DD check it looks like your on the right track.

A late good morning

Had to make a run into town early. 5 shot-Americano might have been overkill... dunno but I'm runnin' rich :D

Picked up a 20# blaster to do some parts cleaning. Coarse Walnut shell and fine silica media..... saved $42 with a couple of coupons

Typically SAE 20W-50 for motor on original shovels. Primary on original shovels, does not share engine oil. I just do not know anything about the modern shovels produced by SnS. Primary is typically 80wt

A late good morning

Had to make a run into town early. 5 shot-Americano might have been overkill... dunno but I'm runnin' rich :D

Picked up a 20# blaster to do some parts cleaning. Coarse Walnut shell and fine silica media..... saved $42 with a couple of coupons

Oh... plus gloves and face shield. Lessons learned from those on here that do their own stunts!

Typically SAE 20W-50 for motor on original shovels. Primary on original shovels, does not share engine oil. I just do not know anything about the modern shovels produced by SnS. Primary is typically 80wt
So, you say use the same in primary case as transmission . yes ?

Oh... plus gloves and face shield. Lessons learned from those on here that do their own stunts!
Yup..... :lol:
PXL_20230611_190214551.jpg

A late good morning

The fine silica should work best.

-
Back