Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So much for me going to the Nats tomorrow. Hertz screwed me over on my rental. And then my Jeep blew out a side wall on the inside of tire that’s not even got 8000 miles on it. And no tire shop has this size in stock so it’ll be Thursday next week at the earliest

View attachment 1716125928
Can’t like that, sorry Chris

Hey guys. Getting ready to drop engine Trans out. Fresh in up engine bay. Almost 25 years ago I built this. Still runs perfect

20230810_101654.jpg

20230810_101700.jpg

20230810_101704.jpg

What are they driving!
Toyota Corollas and Subarus Foresters. The Corollas are a 03 and and 07 respectively. Dad before retiring had a traveling job that paid him per mile if he used his own car plus a bonus. The 03 has 697,000 miles on it, the 07 has 537,000 miles on it, the 03, he went 36,000 miles between oil changes.

I buy all my tires from discount tire and I always get their certificate for warranty they replace them no questions asked.
I go through best one or discount tire as well but neither had that size in stock or could get them back In November

proper gentlemen ? found these in an old barn scraped the crud out and now my shot glasses. Works perfect. They weeble and wabble when you sit them on the table but they don't fall down.

View attachment 1716125918
Telegraph and early phone line insulators. Rare to see clear ones around here, lots of blues and greens. Got a few on the farm from when they took out the telegraph lines in the 80s . Started using them for the electric fence but they’re too fragile for livestock and bust.

What's your plan Tim? Pull and paint or are you going to play with wiring and such?
He’s rebuilding and freshing up the engine and engine bay for me. Then he’s gonna haul it out to me later this fall

Telegraph and early phone line insulators. Rare to see clear ones around here, lots of blues and greens. Got a few on the farm from when they took out the telegraph lines in the 80s . Started using them for the electric fence but they’re too fragile for livestock and bust.

There are a lot of them still up on the poles along the rail trail and the C&O canal path... unscrewed a couple of them a while back but it was unnecessary weight on a long hike, so I ditched them

-
Back