Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Maybe where he is at?
Or the old ask what you think you can get and then wait.

its their right.

Only thing that gets me is those that don't get their ask, then get mad and trash 'em.

Irony is that makes the remaining ones more valuable.

@halifaxhops
That guy Townsend is pretty amazing. Seems to know, or know where to look up lots of part numbers, what they look like, where they go.
Wouldn't surprise me if he worked in a parts department or service at one time.

Or the old ask what you think you can get and then wait.

its their right.

Only thing that gets me is those that don't get their ask, then get mad and trash 'em.

Irony is that makes the remaining ones more valuable.
I hate that stupid comment and attitude. "If I don't get my price I am scraping it" Morons

They are nice but maybe 200 nice at most. I got mine 8 years ago nos for 100.
A few years ago, I wanted to put the Deluxe Chrome hubcaps on the Barracuda a 1967 option. Well finding them not dented or without curb rash was a challenge. Just finding them was difficult. With time I bought probably six sets to make four good hubcaps. The rest are going to Carlisle next year going in the parts fire sale I'll have for a couple days.

Not sure what is going on today. Enjoying a cup of coffee and need to workout.
You can help me offload this wood, I'm moving my woodpile so I can make another lol!

UTV Trailer.jpeg

Trailer Suburban.jpeg

A few years ago, I wanted to put the Deluxe Chrome hubcaps on the Barracuda a 1967 option. Well finding them not dented or without curb rash was a challenge. Just finding them was difficult. With time I bought probably six sets to make four good hubcaps. The rest are going to Carlisle next year going in the parts fire sale I'll have for a couple days.
I remember that. I have two sets of the 13" ones just makes a decent set out of them. Do have NOS lug nuts though...

No. But mine had no dents or wear. I can’t see spending that much for NOS. Unless you have money to burn and plan on making it a trailer queen.
I deal with a bunch of those cars. Best was a call a few months ago I rebuilt a guy's dual point for him calls me up lookin for a set of points. No problem, I think man he drives his car. Ask him why he needed them? They are a year old have to change them. No way unless you drove around 10K miles. Ask him how many miles on them. Maybe 6 in and out of the trailer! Seriously. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I deal with a bunch of those cars. Best was a call a few months ago I rebuilt a guy's dual point for him calls me up lookin for a set of points. No problem, I think man he drives his car. Ask him why he needed them? They are a year old have to change them. No way unless you drove around 10K miles. Ask him how many miles on them. Maybe 6 in and out of the trailer! Seriously. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
:wtf: That kills me. It does more damage to the car by not running them. Drive it. Have fun with it.

Trailer must have got a little heavy and brought in the Surburban to pull it??
Went to pull my receiver off my Suburban to put trailer up front then realized the Kubota was rated for it so used that. No way I'm towing that trailer full, it's 7x12 and the tire profile tells me it's pretty heavy right now, wood is green. I cleared an area to move it to but want to put down pallets or something to keep wood from rotting on bottom.

I do alot of them. Hard to bite my Toung.
Think the absolute best one was guy calls me can I do a Hemi one. Sure. I have two more that might need rebuilt I will send them to you. Get the box, two are NOS in the box! seriously they are hens teeth and $$$$. Run them up, no issues. Rebuilt the other send them back to him. A year later get a call whet the F did you do to my distributors they are all too short to fit in ad spin. I just paid 20K to get this motor rebuilt and tried to get each one to turn for 20 minutes each. OK ask him to take the dist out and a pic down the hole. No oil pump drive in it. Told him that and the motor needs to be taken apart no since it was not getting any oil. Builders fault for sure. Never heard another word from him.

-
Back