Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just took a nice long drive in Gemma (Wyatt has affectionately named the Dart) and the day was the perfect weather. I think tonight is going to be a whiskey night.

Plow truck got better-ish tires. I used the winter tires that came with the avalanche. Should work better. Then avalanche got an oil change. Decided to isolate the dual batteries, and discovered the main battery was junk. The aux battery was masking the problem. $200 for a new battery. Ouch.
Then continous duty solenoid to isolate the two batteries. Perfect!
I promise i wont say battery anymore….
Battery
Battery
Battery

Oops i slipped :rofl:

Just took a nice long drive in Gemma (Wyatt has affectionately named the Dart) and the day was the perfect weather. I think tonight is going to be a whiskey night.
Or afternoon. A Wine and spirits manager asked me for tasting notes this morning. It's time to get the job done! :thumbsup:

Joseph Mangus Cigar Batch.jpg2.jpg

You have such a rough job to do. I do t know how you deal with it :poke: How is it?
Not bad. Not worth $200 though. It is well balanced but I expected more dark fruits like fig and prune. (it is finished in Armagnac, Sherry, and Cognac casks all which are grapes so the dried dark fruit flavors usually come through). The nose is real light and takes 15-20 min to open up. I get a hint of vanilla and creme brulee. Light oak, butterscotch, and light dark fruit on the palate but none of the flavors are dominate. There is a medium long finish with some hints of clove, baking spices and pepper. May be a little nutmeg. 5 min or so after the last sip you can taste some very light butterscotch. I know, TMI. And with all that what's not to like. It is very balanced and nothing off putting at all it's just that none of the flavors stand out enough to be noticeable. It's pretty hard to review.

You have such a rough job to do. I don’t know how you deal with it :poke: How is it?
Not bad. Not worth $200 though. It is well balanced but I expected more dark fruits like fig and prune. (it is finished in Armagnac, Sherry, and Cognac casks all which are grapes so the dried dark fruit flavors usually come through). The nose is real light and takes 15-20 min to open up. I get a hint of vanilla and creme brulee. Light oak, butterscotch, and light dark fruit on the palate but none of the flavors are dominate. There is a medium long finish with some hints of clove, baking spices and pepper. May be a little nutmeg. 5 min or so after the last sip you can taste some very light butterscotch. I know, TMI. And with all that what's not to like. It is very balanced and nothing off putting at all it's just that none of the flavors stand out enough to be noticeable. It's pretty hard to review.
WOW, now after 30 min. the Creme Brulee is really showing up in the nose.

We had chili and cornbread
I have last night's chicken chili warming up in the crock pot. It's always better the next day and a small batch feeds us 3 twice. (and I don't have to cook Saturday night) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I will have to give chicken chili a try, yours looked delicious
And it's real easy. Put everything in the pot on the stove (or crock pot) except for the creme cheese. When the chicken is done, pull it out and shred it, add it back in the pot and cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add it in. Stir it around as they melt and chow down.

And it's real easy. Put everything in the pot on the stove (or crock pot) except for the creme cheese. When the chicken is done, pull it out and shred it, add it back in the pot and cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add it in. Stir it around as they melt and chow down.
What recipe do you use Mike?

I will have to give chicken chili a try, yours looked delicious
Here's the recipe: They put it in the crock pot but I did it on the stove and was eating an hour later.

Ingredients​

• 2 (14 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes (drained)
  • 2 (7 or 8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
  • 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 and 1/2 pounds)
  • 1 cups (240ml) chicken broth (I use reduced sodium)
  • 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
  • 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 (14 ounce) can corn (rinsed and drained) or 1 package of frozen corn
  • 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 jalapeño, minced (remove seeds and ribs)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning blend
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder (reduce to 1 teaspoon for less spicy chili)
  • 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
  • 4 ounces (113g) full-fat or light brick cream cheese* (see note)
Cook Mode Prevent your screen from going dark

Instructions​

1. Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker. Give everything a big stir. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 hours.
  2. Remove the chicken and chop into bite-sized pieces or use two forks to shred it. Return chicken to the slow cooker and add the cream cheese. Stir everything together until the cream cheese has melted. Taste, then add more salt or seasonings if desired. I usually add a little more chili powder and dried oregano/Italian seasoning blend. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 10-15 more minutes.
  3. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, or crackers. And serve alongside my favorite cornbread or dinner rolls. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.

Here's the recipe: They put it in the crock pot but I did it on the stove and was eating an hour later.

Ingredients​

• 2 (14 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes (drained)
  • 2 (7 or 8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
  • 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 and 1/2 pounds)
  • 1 cups (240ml) chicken broth (I use reduced sodium)
  • 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
  • 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 (14 ounce) can corn (rinsed and drained) or 1 package of frozen corn
  • 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 jalapeño, minced (remove seeds and ribs)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning blend
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder (reduce to 1 teaspoon for less spicy chili)
  • 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
  • 4 ounces (113g) full-fat or light brick cream cheese* (see note)
Cook Mode Prevent your screen from going dark

Instructions​

1. Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker. Give everything a big stir. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 hours.
  2. Remove the chicken and chop into bite-sized pieces or use two forks to shred it. Return chicken to the slow cooker and add the cream cheese. Stir everything together until the cream cheese has melted. Taste, then add more salt or seasonings if desired. I usually add a little more chili powder and dried oregano/Italian seasoning blend. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 10-15 more minutes.
  3. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, or crackers. And serve alongside my favorite cornbread or dinner rolls. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
Thank you I was just telling my wife about it :thumbsup:

That’s amazing that you can pick all of that out in it. It sounds like it would be good with that many different combinations.

That’s amazing that you can pick all of that out in it. It sounds like it would be good with that many different combinations.
I really like the finish. After 15 min, it has coated the roof of my mouth in the mid and back with that light vanilla. It's like the aftertaste you get with a cup of white chocolate hot cocoa.

Thank you I was just telling my wife about it :thumbsup:
If you make it sometime let me know how you like it. I have won a couple chili cook off's with it. I make a double recipe with chicken breasts and thigh meat. I never come back home with any in the crock pot.

If you make it sometime let me know how you like it. I have won a couple chili cook off's with it. I make a double recipe with chicken breasts and thigh meat. I never come back home with any in the crock pot.
Absolutely, already shared the recipe with my wife and it is on our list :thumbsup:

-
Back