Stop in for a cup of coffee

-

Asian breakfast yesterday. Forgot to post it. American breakfast today. Hamburger with ham and Swiss.... :thumbsup:
1000002890.jpg

1000002894.jpg

How many more years before you wake up wondering what you'll do that day?? Oh, by the way it's not a bad life either.
It get's to be quite a job, figuring out what to do. I think I'll ride along with Ted today. He needs to go to Costco in Iowa City and pick up his new glasses. We will stop in Cedar Rapids at Dave's store and taste a couple of new bourbon barrel picks he got in. Ted mentioned maybe driving to Dubuque to look at a pick up he saw for sale. Busy day!

It get's to be quite a job, figuring out what to do. I think I'll ride along with Ted today. He needs to go to Costco in Iowa City and pick up his new glasses. We will stop in Cedar Rapids at Dave's store and taste a couple of new bourbon barrel picks he got in. Ted mentioned maybe driving to Dubuque to look at a pick up he saw for sale. Busy day!
Sounds like a great day!!

Mike,
be sure and set up some targets at varying distances so you can figure out what your holdovers are on the rifle. Given your location I would likely only go out to 150 yards as I doubt you would ever see a longer shot than that on the hill. I would do a 25 then a fifty then a 75 then a hundred then a 125 and finally a 150. For those of you not from Arkansas we shoot our deer at mostly about fifty yards! And not often do they weigh more than 100 pounds. They survive on acorns! Oh and one leg is shorter than the other cause they are always on a hill! Nice rifle cousin! She will put some meat in the freezer for sure
Yes I will, I have a 100 yard pan hanging and a 60 yard plinking swinger I keep up.
Everything put on the ground here in my blind is just 30 yards, 45 to 125 if its in the pasture.
Some loads I hope to pick up soon
@Sublime one

20231127_161959.jpg

20231127_161918.jpg

20231127_161840.jpg

Yes I will, I have a 100 yard pan hanging and a 60 yard plinking swinger I keep up.
Everything put on the ground here in my blind is just 30 yards, 45 to 125 if its in the pasture.
Some loads I hope to pick up soon
@Sublime one

View attachment 1716171692

View attachment 1716171693

View attachment 1716171694
Mike just a quick heads up, the ammo pix shows some plus P. You need to ensure your rifle is rated for plus P. It will most likely be stamped on the barrel If it is. And the sub sonic rounds are for when you are running a can. Notice the FPM between the box’s. With sub sonic you are giving away a lot of velocity if you don’t need to.

I get to learn how to shoot again now that shoulder is healing. I fear it will change how I present the pistol. But still to early to try all that yet.
I didn't think about that after your operation. You'll get back to Quick Draw McGraw soon I bet.

quick-draw-mcgraw.jpg

-
Back