Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It works, but if it's like 85 out it can't get the house below 80 running all day, just not coming out cold enough.. not sure if there are any HVAC guys here
Wow, you have a failing system in a big way, should do 20 degree at least less then out side air.
Had my a/c serviced in April. 10 year old system.
Never an issue. It struggled to get it to stay below 80 yesterday afternoon till the sun went down.
Shows 71 now.
Today it's going to hit triple digits
Pull blinds and curtains to help, and that's about par , 100 degrees day and no shade over roof. For a little help sprinkler on the roof for the hottest time of day. Its 82 outside already this morning here

Wow, you have a failing system in a big way, should do 20 degree at least less then out side air.

Pull blinds and curtains to help, and that's about par , 100 degrees day and no shade over roof. For a little help sprinkler on the roof for the hottest time of day. Its 82 outside already this morning here
Yeah.. i figure.. gonna have to bite the bullet and get it replaced more than likely.. 40 years is a good run though...

Have to go to a 3 day training starts today in Mountlake Terrace so a bit of a drive. Asbestos worker class, powers that be decided we need that even though I seldom if ever drill into it and we have techniques and equipment to accomplish that, think shaving cream and a hepa vacuum. Anyhoo, have a Great Day All!

Morning!
Here comes the rain again…
Honda on hoist, parts waiting. Ball joints and wheel bearing.
Then 37 again.

It works, but if it's like 85 out it can't get the house below 80 running all day, just not coming out cold enough.. not sure if there are any HVAC guys here
If all is perfect you may get a 20° drop but it may take all weekend. I had mine checked and the charge adjusted by a tech 2 years ago and it has been working well. (knock on wood) Ours was estimated at 40+ years old. If it is sized correctly if it runs constantly when the ambient get's close to 100°. Removing the humidity is the important part. Our's is most comfortable at 77° with around 45% humidity. Make sure the compressor coils are clean. A clean filter inside as well. I was able to get into the evaporator and clean about a lott that got past the filter. (our filter system sucks)

If all is perfect you may get a 20° drop but it may take all weekend. I had mine checked and the charge adjusted by a tech 2 years ago and it has been working well. (knock on wood) Ours was estimated at 40+ years old. It is sizes correctly if it runs constantly when the ambient get's close to 100°. Removing the humidity is the important part. Our's is most comfortable at 77° with around 45% humidity. Make sure the compressor coils are clean. A clean filter inside as well. I was able to get into the evaporator and clean about a lott that got past the filter. (our filter system sucks)
Yeah, i just ordered a infared thermometer ($16) so i can see whats actually coming out, not just my feelings :) Will be here later today.. everything it clean, i think a bit more charge could help but don't wanna break ****, cause getting the humidity out is better than nothing :) it's been nasty here..

Thunderstorms this morning again that just ended, and going to 86 and high humidity

Yeah, i just ordered a infared thermometer ($16) so i can see whats actually coming out, not just my feelings :) Will be here later today.. everything it clean, i think a bit more charge could help but don't wanna break ****, cause getting the humidity out is better than nothing :) it's been nasty here..

Thunderstorms this morning again that just ended, and going to 86 and high humidity
We had that yesterday. 70's and 80's and dry the rest of the week here. Tomorrow will be a nicer day for you guys!

whats funny is i need to top up my 2018 grand cherokee also... i was warned that the GC's have an issue where almost exactly at 5 years they go low on refrigerant.. and that r1234YF is $50 for a tiny can.. It still works just not cold enough :)

We had that yesterday. 70's and 80's and dry the rest of the week here. Tomorrow will be a nicer day for you guys!

Yeah.. i have had enough rain for awhile :)

Also found out why my spray gun was pulsing.. Last time i used it, i cleaned it then just fingered the nozzle back on and didn't tighten it so it was pulling air.. lesson learned, always check it :)

Yeah.. i figure.. gonna have to bite the bullet and get it replaced more than likely.. 40 years is a good run though...
I put my system in near 15 years ago. Had mentioned to a buddy in the business what I was considering and found out about rebates and cheep financing for power savings on top efficient units. Was a no brainer. He sent someone out to measure for ductwork etc. I put it all together and another friend helped finish and solder the connections. It was precharged. Forget the exact process of charging up the tubing between in and out units. Saved a ton over what I thought it would cost.
My thought on the 40yo unit is the money on refrigerant would be wasted. If not ready to bite the bullet on new system... Pop in a couple cheap window units to get by. You can sell them after you get a new system.

It's Tempest Tuesday!

1721132393529.png

Good morning :D
Not too bad for a more door.

I put my system in near 15 years ago. Had mentioned to a buddy in the business what I was considering and found out about rebates and cheep financing for power savings on top efficient units. Was a no brainer. He sent someone out to measure for ductwork etc. I put it all together and another friend helped finish and solder the connections. It was precharged. Forget the exact process of charging up the tubing between in and out units. Saved a ton over what I thought it would cost.
My thought on the 40yo unit is the money on refrigerant would be wasted. If not ready to bite the bullet on new system... Pop in a couple cheap window units to get by. You can sell them after you get a new system.
I would actually do that cept i have casement windows... i'll survive, it's just annoying.. This morning i woke up and my bedroom was 79 and outside was 71... cause the air didn't cycle cause downstairs was cooler and i had windows closed.. **** like that..

Luckily it doesn't stay that hot here much.. i just turned on my air for the first time a few days ago

I would actually do that cept i have casement windows... i'll survive, it's just annoying.. This morning i woke up and my bedroom was 79 and outside was 71... cause the air didn't cycle cause downstairs was cooler and i had windows closed.. **** like that..

Luckily it doesn't stay that hot here much.. i just turned on my air for the first time a few days ago
Just don't get a unit larger than what you already have. It will "shortt cycle" and nott run long enough to remove the humidity. It will be cool inside but clammy because the humidity is too high.

Big storm just came through and looks like more to follow. I have a large tree limb now lying in the driveway. Chainsaw and hauling it to the burn pile...perfect project for a five-year-old. :thumbsup:

Just don't get a unit larger than what you already have. It will "shortt cycle" and nott run long enough to remove the humidity. It will be cool inside but clammy because the humidity is too high.
didn't think bout that.. what i want is a furnace with more CFM... i had to put a booster fan in my duct to get better flow to my bedroom, it is the furthest room.. but... The booster fan works well..

You mean the funky angle opening things? That would be a fly in the ointment. They make some goofy kits for those, but probably not going to be the cheap 'off the Walmart shelf' solution I had in mind. :(

didn't think bout that.. what i want is a furnace with more CFM... i had to put a booster fan in my duct to get better flow to my bedroom, it is the furthest room.. but... The booster fan works well..
Mine is a heat pump; Also have oil burner for below freezing days. (And wood stove)

Yep. All the BTUs in the world ain't gonna help if it can't move the air. Dampers on each branch to balance also makes a big difference.

-
Back