Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Quick question.... how to tell if a thermostat is a 2 way or 1 way? Like how to tell if it will puke coolant into a tank, then pull it back in as it cools vs just puke on the ground if overcoming cap pressure then be low on fluid?

ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ad36147e2-85af-4cec-a841-d1a325c787a5

Quick question.... how to tell if a thermostat is a 2 way or 1 way? Like how to tell if it will puke coolant into a tank, then pull it back in as it cools vs just puke on the ground if overcoming cap pressure then be low on fluid?
Don't know the answer to your question, closest thing I've experienced is changing daughters Jeep Cherokee from a closed sytem to an open system. It used to blow the lid off the coolant tank iirc

The thermostat is the same. I think the caps are different. Got me thinking on that.

I stopped watching baseball bout 25 years ago... and just ran into a new Pete Rose mini-series... gonna be watching this :) He's my all time favorite...

1722341992022.jpeg

Yeah, i believe all the caps pull back in when the system cools and creates a vacuum... having a catch can that doesn't have the tube to the bottom would stop it pulling coolant back in though

Got the water heater lit. Too late, the wife already cold water washed her hair. I don't know why it went out.

I believe this makes sense. I will have to check the cap on my boys hot rod.

20240730_065329.jpg

I need to get a small catch can for my car still.. ECP put the barb facing the wrong way :( My challenger had a zip tied coke bottle as a catch can for like 8 years :) worked good

I banned my first spammer this morning. Ahhhh the day is starting out swell :thumbsup: :lol::lol:

-
Back