Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Must like this color

20240826_115109.jpg

I lived in Sacramento back in 1967 and really miss the climate and Palm trees. Good memories back then.
We have a good climate in Viet Nam most of the time....Ohhhhh, and Palm trees and probably many more trees you have never seen. Ohhhhh and the cost of living is ridiculously cheap... Come join me for a few weeks.... :thumbsup:

So, I've been dickin around with this guy's 71 Chevelle for a few days. Pulled the plugs, found number four not so pretty. Changed the engine oil and filter in it and took it for a drive yesterday. I could tell it wasn't right, brought it in last night and let it cool off. Today I pulled the right side valve cover and found this. Number four exhaust spring is broken .Hopefully I can get the correct one and get it back in there tomorrow.
PXL_20240826_190019637.jpg

did you put in the PTC converter? how do you like it?
I did. Had a real scare on startup. Engine fast idle. Started running slower and slower like engine or something siezing up. Engine died slowly. And when it stopped a strange sound came from trans area. I thought Frick here we go. Jumped in and it started right up. Called PTC and they said it was converter filling up. Normal.

I did. Had a real scare on startup. Engine fast idle. Started running slower and slower like engine or something siezing up. Engine died slowly. And when it stopped a strange sound came from trans area. I thought Frick here we go. Jumped in and it started right up. Called PTC and they said it was converter filling up. Normal.
That woulda freaked me out... when i started mine it was making a weird noise in second.. i literally ran it for 40 seconds and yanked it back out and went through the whole thing again...

BTW.. never had a high stall til now.. does your react like normal when you put it in drive? like creep forward like normal? my engine pulls down but the car doesn't move til i get on the gas a bit then slows like it's got stuck brakes. With 4.57s i figured that thing would creep without even dropping the engine rpm..

I know my front toe isn't right but i can't imaging being off a bit making the car drag like that

Seems peppier off line. Crisp
And the snout that engages the pump is a very snug fit. Where factory converter have lots of slop makes install easy. PTC just fits no slop. So had to mark where pump was in relation to snout. And even then tight fit

We have a good climate in Viet Nam most of the time....Ohhhhh, and Palm trees and probably many more trees you have never seen. Ohhhhh and the cost of living is ridiculously cheap... Come join me for a few weeks.... :thumbsup:
Would enjoy hanging out with you Mitch just can't afford it right now.

That woulda freaked me out... when i started mine it was making a weird noise in second.. i literally ran it for 40 seconds and yanked it back out and went through the whole thing again...

BTW.. never had a high stall til now.. does your react like normal when you put it in drive? like creep forward like normal? my engine pulls down but the car doesn't move til i get on the gas a bit then slows like it's got stuck brakes. With 4.57s i figured that thing would creep without even dropping the engine rpm..

I know my front toe isn't right but i can't imaging being off a bit making the car drag like that
Engine idle 1000 rpm. Put car in gear no rpm drop. Let off brakes car will move without giving gas. Put brakes on stop no rpm loss...

Engine idle 1000 rpm. Put car in gear no rpm drop. Let off brakes car will move without giving gas. Put brakes on stop no rpm loss...
bah.. yeah.. my engine drops a couple hundred rpm and car barely budges.. will see how it goes once i can drive it more than 50ft

And the snout that engages the pump is a very snug fit. Where factory converter have lots of slop makes install easy. PTC just fits no slop. So had to mark where pump was in relation to snout. And even then tight fit
If I did it again I for sure would clearance that fit some...

-
Back