Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I give fake names to the magazine subscriptions since they sell the info to other people... One year a charity printed me up some address labels in the name of Ben Dover asking for donations....

But I registered that name with two magazines, so now I use a different name for each magazine so I can tell who is selling my info.... They haven't done it again yet...
smart!

I give fake names to the magazine subscriptions since they sell the info to other people... One year a charity printed me up some address labels in the name of Ben Dover asking for donations....

But I registered that name with two magazines, so now I use a different name for each magazine so I can tell who is selling my info.... They haven't done it again yet...

Well, that is disturbing.....
I have a subscription with hemmings muscle machines and Glamour. Now that you say that i have noticed more junk mail. :eek:

ok, so I have a question ......

why do people remove headlights from older parks vehicles???

I went to some old man's yard to see about a 4 speed and he has like ten, maybe more cars parked in a yard and they have been there probably longer than I have been alive and every single vehicle had the headlights missing.

The majority of these vehicles had grilles and front ends mostly untouched minus the headlights. I do recall buying a few cars earlier this year and the headlights were gone.

What is it with some people and headlights??? I cant say I have ever removed only the headlights and left the grille on and everything else untouched. In fact, I have removed fenders and even left the headlight bolted to the fender.
I recently found out that some people are SO into their cars having ALL original parts that they want the old headlights - they're actually valuable

So let me understand this Rani went to an old mans yard with a promise of 4 spds. Only to find the lights were out. I thought she was much smarter then that. Sounds like Ben has been using the wrong approach. LOL
Seriously though as someone else posted. People who are into correct restorations buy up the old original lights. I have about a dozen sets of them.

S

yea, I was talking to a guy about old cars recently and I mentioned my car - front end, headlights - he suddenly got all serious on me and pulled the ol' 20 questions about what I had or if I had any others - - so of course I was curious as to why "grilling" over a couple of old headlights - and like you said Wolfie - restoration correctness.. different maker back in the day and different cut in the glass... who knew!?

yea, I was talking to a guy about old cars recently and I mentioned my car - front end, headlights - he suddenly got all serious on me and pulled the ol' 20 questions about what I had or if I had any others - - so of course I was curious as to why "grilling" over a couple of old headlights - and like you said Wolfie - restoration correctness.. different maker back in the day and different cut in the glass... who knew!?
I couldn't tell ya how many of them I threw away back in the day in favor of Sylvania halogen sealed beams.

Trying to remember the company that restores them. Damn my mind is going south.

I couldn't tell ya how many of them I threw away back in the day in favor of Sylvania halogen sealed beams.
or the 72 340 I took apart to hot rod it -- bye bye exhaust manifolds... intake manifold - you're junk... I'm not even going to finish, it makes me sick to think about it..

So let me understand this Rani went to an old mans yard with a promise of 4 spds. Only to find the lights were out. I thought she was much smarter then that. Sounds like Ben has been using the wrong approach. LOL
Seriously though as someone else posted. People who are into correct restorations buy up the old original lights. I have about a dozen sets of them.

S

Well, i have seen this old man around and he knows a lot of the same people i know.

I didnt consider him a random cl whacko, even though you never let your gaurd down by any means.

Everything he said he had was there only thing is the 4 speed is a B&T so i think i will pass.

or the 72 340 I took apart to hot rod it -- bye bye exhaust manifolds... intake manifold - you're junk... I'm not even going to finish, it makes me sick to think about it..
yeah, that stuff to. motor mounts, pulley sets etc. 83/4 backing plates:(

I could kick my own azz.

yeah, that stuff to. motor mounts, pulley sets etc. 83/4 backing plates:(

I could kick my own azz.
roger that - who knew though? we actually went looking in the woods where we *ahem* dumped some of the stuff.. either we were in the wrong place or someone had cleaned up the area - but we found none of it

roger that - who knew though? we actually went looking in the woods where we *ahem* dumped some of the stuff.. either we were in the wrong place or someone had cleaned up the area - but we found none of it

Scrap vultures got it!

Good Morning! even better cause I am sitting at home enjoying my first cup of coffee.
I guess a lot of us will be there at some point... plan a whole day tomorrow myself. I think Hoppy said he is going Saturday. I know Mitch is there for the whole time, and I think Tike will be there most of it as well. Wolfie, you gonna make it? Ddaddy?-you ain't that far...
Ive been taking notes from the 'Carlisle' thread. Gonna try to catch a few other members that said they will be there. Some as vendors, some with cars.
I can't go unfortunately. With my brother-in-law now on the top of liver transplant list, one of us has to be within 20 minutes of his place at all times. If they call (like last time) we have just one hour to get him to the hospital in Philly or the liver goes to someone else. The other one of us has to remain close to home to look after for our daughter since she won't be allowed into the hospital area where he needs to go.

It's also why there won't be any family Summer vacation this year either. We are tethered close to home until he gets a liver or the cancer spreads past the liver and they take him off the list.

I got some more restoration decals today and just finished installing them. Not all are correct for the year of the car, but then again neither is my engine. They are all authentic Mopar restoration decals and provide the look I want...

Decal.jpg

Decal 1.jpg

Decal 2.jpg

Decal 3.jpg

Decal 4.jpg

Hey there...hotter than blazes here at Carlisle. Mitch and I are singing camp fire songs
Without the campfire I assume! Hot as hell here too. Looks like it isn't supposed to break until tomorrow night but even then not much of a cool down.

I hope at least the beer is cold! It's gonna be hot sleeping in that trailer of Mitch's tonight!

-
Back