Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
now here is some goofy stuff.

I am doing an oil change on a ford pickup and I went to grease the zerks......you know, pretty standard. really!!

So I notice the steering joint directly the gear box to drag link is missing a zerk. It looks like it fell out and left the hole there where you can threads. So I go get a standard 1/4 x 28 like we have most of the time on mopars and just about everything else. The 1/4 zerk is too small ...slides in and out of the hole and clearly too small.

So I go to the store and all they have is 1/4 by 28 OR metric sizes. So I say lets experiememt and I try the 6 mm ...too small. Then I try the 8 mm ....too big, wont even fit in the hole at all.

So that leaves me with needing a 3/8" size zerk and after going to a farm equip. place and four parts stores ...NO ONE has the right sized zerk.

WTH, this is a ford pickup that only a million of them are around !!!!

Nic Nak paddy whack give the dog a bone.
This stoned old man is going home.

Calling it an early night. Later skaters.

I am doing an oil change on a ford pickup and I went to grease the zerks......you know, pretty standard. really!!

So I notice the steering joint directly the gear box to drag link is missing a zerk. It looks like it fell out and left the hole there where you can threads. So I go get a standard 1/4 x 28 like we have most of the time on mopars and just about everything else. The 1/4 zerk is too small ...slides in and out of the hole and clearly too small.

So I go to the store and all they have is 1/4 by 28 OR metric sizes. So I say lets experiememt and I try the 6 mm ...too small. Then I try the 8 mm ....too big, wont even fit in the hole at all.

So that leaves me with needing a 3/8" size zerk and after going to a farm equip. place and four parts stores ...NO ONE has the right sized zerk.

oh my - - there is so much material in here... too easy really... damn it - bit my tongue again..

if 8mm is too big, 3/8 will be way too big. 5/16 is almost 8mm,are you sure its threaded? Maybe a 5/16 drive-in...

holy crap Dave - whats up with the spacers and crazy long wheel studs?
The 1/2" spacers were necessary for the 14" wheels to clear the calipers. Spacers means needing longer studs so we got racing studs. We were going to cut them down, but since they clear the dog dish caps we left them alone. They actually make putting the wheel on and off extra easy (why they use them for racing).

The interesting part is now with the spacers my front wheel track is the same as the '75 Dart (earlier Darts had a narrower front track). It actually improves the handling...go figure.

The 1/2" spacers were necessary for the 14" wheels to clear the calipers. Spacers means needing longer studs so we got racing studs. We were going to cut them down, but since they clear the dog dish caps we left them alone. They actually make putting the wheel on and off extra easy (why they use them for racing).

The interesting part is now with the spacers my front wheel track is the same as the '75 Dart (earlier Darts had a narrower front track). It actually improves the handling...go figure.
oh, I believe it - it just looks funky as hell

You need a 5/16" zerk. You can find them all over...

I'm back. Why not grease everything. Then take out one of the Zerkoffs and install it where the one is missing and grease that. Problem solved.

I just got the second 300w LED bulb installed in the garage. Holy crap are these things bright! No need to install any more lighting out there, that's for damn sure!

Garage Lights.jpg

You have to be a problem solver. If you are apt to create a lot of problems.
simple yet brilliant -- like the chain pull light bulb fixture that won't go off because the chain popped off and the little piece that is left went up inside the fixture.. umm, you could just unscrew the bulb for now.. simple, but highly effective.. no more calls please, we have a winner

simple yet brilliant -- like the chain pull light bulb fixture that won't go off because the chain popped off and the little piece that is left went up inside the fixture.. umm, you could just unscrew the bulb for now.. simple, but highly effective.. no more calls please, we have a winner
Something tells me you have considerable experience at pulling peoples chains. I admire that quality.

I'm back. Why not grease everything. Then take out one of the Zerkoffs and install it where the one is missing and grease that. Problem solved.
It's like the old joke of the guy who gets a flat outside of a mental hospital. After changing the tire he realizes that he's lost all the lug nuts just he took off down the storm drain. He's desperate trying to figure out what to do when a patient walks over and says "Why not just take one nut off of each of the other 3 wheels and use them to get you home? You can just buy more lugs later."

He looks at the patient and says "Hey, that's a great idea! How did you think of that?"

The patient says "Hey, I'm crazy...not stupid."

Howdy folks. Sounds like i should have made a Carlisle road trip, kidnapped Rani, swung by and grabbed RALF and Wolfie and made an event of it. And Hops was talking about hard nipples! I actually turned wrenches for a positive purpose today. And drank vodka!

Hey Mike, I've upgraded from the couch to the back seat of my dart lol

-
Back