Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Don't rush it have to get a close measurement first. I did find that link I put up that gives sizes at rock auto. No idea if the seal is going on the hood part or if I have to make a extension on the air cleaner base plate yet for the seal to hit or mount to.

What are you installing that needs switches?
For one, there will be fog lights in the front bumper. I'd love to set up the trim switch to turn signals but i doubt thats possible being its a momentary switch. The trigger switch I was thinking line lock. OR tying it into my neutral safety switch to make it where both the trigger and the clutch have to be pressed to start the car.

It can be done with those switches but you will have to hold them for the turn signals, the trigger is a momentary, great for line locks the red ones are momentary but I think I have a part number for on/off still just run it to a relay for fog lights. Relays also for the turn signals, can prob hook it to the colum connector also just hide the relays under the dash.

You really cant run more than a amp through any of those switches so relays are pretty much a must.

It can be done with those switches but you will have to hold them for the turn signals, the trigger is a momentary, great for line locks the red ones are momentary but I think I have a part number for on/off still just run it to a relay for fog lights. Relays also for the turn signals, can prob hook it to the colum connector also just hide the relays under the dash.
SWEET! hmm let me ask this, how bout using the trim switch for my neutral safety idea and then the trigger for the line lock?

You really cant run more than a amp through any of those switches so relays are pretty much a must.
yeah i was wondering about that. I'm cool with relays, I'll have to run several for the gauges anyway

Hopefully the trim switch is in good shape prob hard to get a new one that would fit.

SWEET! hmm let me ask this, how bout using the trim switch for my neutral safety idea and then the trigger for the line lock?
You mean the top hat the big black one or a red one? Trigger no problem might not even need a relay if it is like mine low draw.

Hopefully the trim switch is in good shape prob hard to get a new one that would fit.
if its not, no biggie, it can be just for looks. That or I'm sure someone somewhere makes it, lots of huey's still flying and its the same stick i believe

You ever see a pic of my wheel? I have vac pump, fuel pump, line lock and nos will go there all low amp switches.

When the time comes thread it for your shifter rod and send them both to me so I can route the wires the right way, prob throw them in one of those chrome wire looms to make it purty.

Here is a better pic of the relays I like a bit pricey but nice and compact and has fuses built in.
s-l1600.jpg

When the time comes thread it for your shifter rod and send them both to me so I can route the wires the right way, prob throw them in one of those chrome wire looms to make it purty.
will do. I'll probably have a custom shift boot made to hide all the wires and the shifter rod. Going with a t56 or tr6060 so the shift will coming up through the console im building

I have to take a new pic it is in the old laptop that died.
cool cool. Ive got to watch, some classes in SCCA required kill switches too, so I'll probably put on my steering wheel if required.

Best way with those OEM? switches is use the ground leg of the relay so there is no voltage going to the head to sssshort out!

cool cool. Ive got to watch, some classes in SCCA required kill switches too, so I'll probably put on my steering wheel if required.
Use the opposite side of the top hat across from the NSS or one of the momentary red ones?

Now if you can score some 22 ga mil spec wire it would be awesome the stuff is not cheap.
M27500-22SP4s23

Use the opposite side of the top hat across from the NSS or one of the momentary red ones?
i think putting it on the steering wheel would be a better place, we'll see. that one lower red one probably would work too but we'll see

-
Back