Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
bud - you got this wrong me thinks... the extensions go right to the new quarter - what is the red primered piece in the there?
nope

the red piece is part of the quarter from the donor car, it is flanged to slide behind the new quarter to allow the new quarter to be welded there as well. its a part of the tail panel....... The quarter extensions then bolt on to the tail panel....

I am corn-fused too. :eek:

IMG_0636.JPG

lay a strip of metal behind both and weld it up
thats kind of what i was thinking. I'm gonna wait until I get the passenger side quarter mocked in and that will confirm whats going on i think.

thats kind of what i was thinking. I'm gonna wait until I get the passenger side quarter mocked in and that will confirm whats going on i think.
It's custom anyway. As long as everything looks good and any bolt on pieces fit, who cares what you did to get there?

maybe it's just the pic or maybe it's because you are early in the process - but it looks skewed - the truck and rear panel appear straight but the car itself looks like it isn't
no, the rear panel itself is skewed, that was an in progress pic, I had to do a little triming on the passenger side to get that side to sit flush, just dont have a pic of it on hand

It's custom anyway. As long as everything looks good and any bolt on pieces fit, who cares what you did to get there?

good point. to me, as long as the trunk closes properly with the proper gaps, the rest I can massage into looking good.

yeah sorry bout that. this swap is a biotch to get right but I think it'll be a much cleaner look than ever before

dang it got quiet in here

i've done got it down to 26 pages on my watched list....

Last edited:
Hey guys.....Yea that car looks skewed. Very crooked... Mopars were put together from the factory VERY shoddy. New sheet metal is always a custom install. With body filer.

Hey guys.....Yea that car looks skewed. Very crooked... Mopars were put together from the factory VERY shoddy. New sheet metal is always a custom install. With body filer.
you missed the details didnt you :poke:

No I read them, just observing. That quarter panel is lots closer then some I have seen. :thumbsup:
well I know the car is pretty close to square from the measurements, at least according to the 74 chassis manual. I think the biggest difference was 1/4 inch

-
Back