Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
On a mission today, up early doing laundry! Good morning and I am sure many are happy it's Friday :glasses7: Lord give me strength and wisdom today, if my brother don't say and do the right things I may be charged with battery !!:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: down..

I hope things go well for you today Mike..

Good morning Ben, I do to bud, I hope I can keep my cool today and keep from jake slapping my weird *** brother :banghead: or you may see a mug shot of me here in Jonesboro Arkansas :glasses7:

Good Morning Memike and Ben.

I have missed something there Mike I know it is court time but I don't know about what. I WISH YOU WELL!

Good morning Ben, I do to bud, I hope I can keep my cool today and keep from jake slapping my weird *** brother :banghead: or you may see a mug shot of me here in Jonesboro Arkansas :glasses7:

Best of luck,Me Mike.. Just be your truthful self, don't get pissed...

No mugshots! Keep your cool. Family members tend to be the best candidates for the occasional *****-slapping tho..
Yes they do Ben.

Good Morning Memike and Ben.

I have missed something there Mike I know it is court time but I don't know about what. I WISH YOU WELL!
It's a long story #-o The short of it is my next door neighbor faulted on a loan and my home and property is on it ! My brothers bank Mucked up !

Best of luck,Me Mike.. Just be your truthful self, don't get pissed...
Trying to :color::color:

Good Morning Fellers !! Hope it all goes well for ya Memi !
I do to, I could have started my handy cap shower install and drive way repairs 5 frigging weeks ago, oh I am going to see a few people today, I sent out registered letters with Release of property 9 years ago and my servay and deed ! oh I am a mess but have all my ducks in a row :glasses7:

Good morning all.

Bust em up Memike! :violent1:
No, thats prolly a bad idea...:wack: As long as you got what you need, just work through the process. :banghead: Good luck :)

Elllo guvners

Its a bright dark morning here.

The sun is sure thing longer to come up ...... summer is almost over :protest:

Attachments

• 1607064_3877078565729767_6513886590363615265_n.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 117
You guys overcome by the smell of the Harbor Freight store?

On a mission today, up early doing laundry! Good morning and I am sure many are happy it's Friday :glasses7: Lord give me strength and wisdom today, if my brother don't say and do the right things I may be charged with battery !!:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: down..

I must have missed something a few pages back. Be cool my friend.

Hi gang...

Memike, speak soflty and carry a good lawyer... (the best advice that I can give...)

Hey dudes, haven't been here in this thread for awhile....there is a new HF store here that I have not been yet and now I want to go to "smell it out" lol

Good luck Memike and keep your cool :glasses7:

Hi gang...

Memike, speak soflty and carry a good lawyer... (the best advice that I can give...)

Karl, that is great advice.

I thought of you Karl last night, because I had several ears of fresh corn, I learned from a You Tube video how to make "grandma's" Creamed Corn. Just two ingredients. With a sharp knife you cut the kernals off, trying not to cut too deep. Then you scrape the cob hard with the back of your knife to get all the liquid "cream" out. Fry gently in bacon grease for 20 min. The lady in the video said no matter how much her grandma made, there was never any left, and I believe her, it was that good.

I also saw there is a device called EZ Creamer that hooks up to your power drill that would be a time-saver and fun if you had a lot of corn to do.

Karl, that is great advice.

I thought of you Karl last night, because I had several ears of fresh corn, I learned from a You Tube video how to make "grandma's" Creamed Corn. Just two ingredients. With a sharp knife you cut the kernals off, trying not to cut too deep. Then you scrape the cob hard with the back of your knife to get all the liquid "cream" out. Fry gently in bacon grease for 20 min. The lady in the video said no matter how much her grandma made, there was never any left, and I believe her, it was that good.

I also saw there is a device called EZ Creamer that hooks up to your power drill that would be a time-saver and fun if you had a lot of corn to do.

That sounds delicious... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Funny that you mention the corn... I'm going to get the neighbor across the street and take him to the farm stand in a few minutes.... (he's 93 and can't see well enough to drive anymore...)

My dalmatian has learned how to eat corn on the cob... I taught him to take "small bites" and he uses his little front teeth to chew the corn off he cob. I eat it down to 3 or 4 rows of kernels lengthwise and let him eat the "strip"....

I started teaching him at the end of last year's corn crop, and he picked it up this year... It would make a good video, but I don't have a youtube account to post it on....

And they say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks... He's going to be 10 this Christmas....

Well, I'm off to go get some corn with Bob....

Funny that you mention the corn... I'm going to get the neighbor across the street and take him to the farm stand in a few minutes.... (he's 93 and can't see well enough to drive anymore...)

My dalmatian has learned how to eat corn on the cob... I taught him to take "small bites" and he uses his little front teeth to chew the corn off he cob. I eat it down to 3 or 4 rows of kernels lengthwise and let him eat the "strip"....

I started teaching him at the end of last year's corn crop, and he picked it up this year... It would make a good video, but I don't have a youtube account to post it on....

And they say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks... He's going to be 10 this Christmas....

Well, I'm off to go get some corn with Bob....

I want to see the video!!!!

Very nice to spend time with older folks, and very appreciated by him I'm sure!!
I'd like to talk to him about what cars he owned, how it was in his childhood and during wartime.

I shudder sometimes to think when I'm old, the younger generation in my family doesn't possess deep feelings for their elders.

Very nice to spend time with older folks, and very appreciated by him I'm sure!!
I'd like to talk to him about what cars he owned, how it was in his childhood and during wartime.

I shudder sometimes to think when I'm old, the younger generation in my family doesn't possess deep feelings for their elders.

Yeah, he's pretty cool and great to talk to.

He's lived here across the street dating back to my grandparents in 1963 he moved in across the street. I like to hear stories from him about my grandpa who died when I was 7 years old, so I don't have many memories of him. I have some, but not as much as I would like.

His grandkids used to play with my sons when I came to visit my dad here on holidays off of work. So 3 generations of his family have known 4 generations of ours, they are good people... :prayer:

He can't see very well anymore, so he doesn't drive. I offer to give him rides once in a while, but he has his support crew also and doesn't need to rely on me.

I've started bringing him to the local fresh farm stand to get fresh local grown veggies. They have a good selection there and most of it is picked fresh in the morning and trucked 45 minutes up here to sell. I'm trying to get him there every week. Then he says that he doesn't need to go to the local grocery store.

He loves the fresh peaches and has a half of one in the morning for breakfast, and finishes the other half by the end of the day.

This was the third time that I got him there this season. I told him that he can come along with me every week if he wants to. He treated me to a hot chocolate and he had a coffee today at Dunkin' Donuts on the way home....

He enjoys the conversation. His wife died a few years back, then his dog died last year, so he's all alone in the house all day and enjoys company. He sits out in front of his garage and greets the neighbors as they go by and enjoys the weather and scenery around here. He does get out for lunch sometimes with others.

The local police department has a program that checks on all the senior citizens every week to make sure that they are ok. A couple of the jr. police cadets (high school/college age police student program here) have also started mowing his lawn and doing yard work for him on the side.

Now a few of the neighbors are having them mow their lawns. Bob lets them keep their lawn equipment in his garage as he doesn't drive anymore and sold his car, so he has garage space for their lawn tractors and stuff. They just acquired a John Deere lawn tractor that another neighbor a few streets over put out for the garbage. All it needed was a fuel line and fuel filter and it started right up. He says it has low hours also, so they got a good score.... :cheers:

So there are plenty of people going in and out to help him weekly. He even has a hair cutter that comes with a converted coach bus with a chair and running water to cut his hair in his driveway.

I snow blow his drive way for him in the winter so he doesn't slip and fall getting his mail. He's a great neighbor and I don't want anything to happen to him and him and not be able to get his supplies and support crew him.

I have his son's phone numbers and if I don't see him or any signs of action there, I call him and if he doesn't answer, I let his sons know to check up on him. A few years ago, I noticed that he didn't bring his trash can in after trash pick up on Thur. It was still out after noon on Friday and he never leaves it out that long, so I let his son know and it turned out that he was sick in bed and not feeling well. Luckily nothing serious, but it was good that his son checked up on him and took him to a doctor to get some antibiotics to help him.

Bob used to come talk with me while my son was waiting for the bus at the stop in front of his house, but my kid drives now and doesn't take the bus anymore. We would walk our dogs to the stop and talk while waiting for the bus to pick him up. The bus driver would have "Doggy treat Fridays" where she would give any dogs at the bus stop a treat when she picked up the kids in the morning... (the dogs looked forward to that - she was a dog lover also)...

I don't get over to talk with him as much as I would like, but I try to when I can spare the time...

He does have some good stories and was a Navy man like my grandpa and father were. :prayer:

yea, coffee is still going.

I think if Mr. Karl has coffee then its going to be Koffee :evil3:

-
Back