Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Still here. Popping between sited and text messages with MOM and my Sister. I need to go to the Dr tomorrow with MOM while my sis goes for radiation. I took her to Iowa City Monday. A 3 hour trip and a hour or more there. Good 1 on 1 time. I am praying for the best. Damn, I hope I don't have to deal with cancer. It sucks!

Still here. Popping between sited and text messages with MOM and my Sister. I need to go to the Dr tomorrow with MOM while my sis goes for radiation. I took her to Iowa City Monday. A 3 hour trip and a hour or more there. Good 1 on 1 time. I am praying for the best. Damn, I hope I don't have to deal with cancer. It sucks!
Bummer...

I am still here. Those guys leave work and are silent till the next day.
Yeah, I have little time during the work day to check in but I try to once or twice during the day. Evenings are my only chance to participate and that's only if I don't have work stuff to do. :(

Yeah, I know. With my Mom dying from ovarian cancer 6 years ago, my Dad with his ALZ plus my BIL and his liver cancer/transplant over the past 3 years...I've had enough.

I need some time for me to enjoy life before I fight those kind of battles myself. I don't need to be fighting theirs along the way.

The kindest thing I ever did for my daughter was to wait until I was 41 years old to have her. This way I will be long gone by the time she reaches my age and she can focus on enjoying her own life without me being a burden to her.

Thanks guys. I've just gotten to the point where my life needs to be about me for a while...while I can still make it that way.

Part of why I bought Tims '66 and am inviting folks out for a get together. I feel like I need to live a little and stop shouldering the burden of expectations for a while.

I've earned it.

Thanks guys. I've just gotten to the point where my life needs to be about me for a while...while I can still make it that way.

Part of why I bought Tims '66 and am inviting folks out for a get together. I feel like I need to live a little and stop shouldering the burden of expectations for a while.

I've earned it.
sounds like the perfect plan

I feel for you, bro.

plus I hate winter -- putting a plow on the new truck would mean being out there putting it on and taking it off whenever the weather changed - with an old beater truck, I can just leave the plow on there... (yea, partly just lazy - LOL)
:drama:

Good morning. Coffee should be here soon! Staying comfortable here, one advantage of being smaller-sized is the hospital beds have enough room for me to still be comfortable. Pretty confident they'll say I can start eating pretty soon, even today maybe. I had an idea for a cause I can take on...stocking better magazines in the different areas. Who wants to read Newsweek from 2 yrs ago or some weird publication you've never heard of?! I know I can get a better variety from different contacts I have and stop by here every week or two with a fresh batch. All I foind here worth looking at were 2 Conde Nast Travellers.

I have asked many times why there are not any fishing or hunting mag in these dr. offices or hospitals :BangHead: You would think that there are many hunters and fishing folks in these offices waiting to be seen, and forget it if you are a gear head :wtf:
This could be a movement all over the states if we start dropping good magazines in the slots at hospitals and dr. offices Just think of the many members here and just the folks that are going to these places started doing the same thing :) we could start a thread on where anyone dropped off some real reading for many folks !! I bet the offices would get some people saying thanks for the good reading matt, they are sick of seeing Better homes and gardens and baby life and such @goldfish65 :thumbsup:

53 degrees with zero rain in site , looks like the weather is on my side :thumbsup: Looking forward to having 30 yards of fill brought in today.
Good morning coffee crew !! @MOPARMITCH too :lol:

Morning guys. Woke up with what feels like a hangover. Tylenol cold and flu. Nighttime tablets made for a not bad sleep but morning i feel yucky.

Long day yesterday, lots of yard cleanup and moving stuff for winter storage. Bareacuda is near the door, so i can spend weekends working on it in my shop.most i have done with it so far.

-
Back