Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
George, I think the pressure by pass valve stuck on the 383 , the other day... I thought I blew out the rear main. But discovered rather quickly, where it came from. Oil filter gasket.... No Worries... all fixed....:BangHead::BangHead:
whew.png

Fixed a pot of chili and have a BV and water going. Damn, I'm out of whisky.

Oh on the Poly engine? The green stripe goes toward the front away from the piston ring gap
No, no, no! The stripes on the springs get timed with the oil pump driveshaft. Intakes toward the front, exhausts 180 out towards the rear. Then double checked for rotation after break in.

No, no, no! The stripes on the springs get timed with the oil pump driveshaft. Intakes toward the front, exhausts 180 out towards the rear. Then double checked for rotation after break in.
And then you need to synchronize the rotation with the muffler bearings...

I don't think I knew that part. Don't they still have to be facing the same way as ring gap? I know I lined it up with the oil ring gap and that sucker smoked like crazy and fouled plugs like crazy

I don't think I knew that part. Don't they still have to be facing the same way as ring gap? I know I lined it up with the oil ring gap and that sucker smoked like crazy and fouled plugs like crazy
Yes, like when the planets align, it's critical.

Why is everyone
Well gee thanks
concerned that I invited George to a message where I was asking about painting. I was trying to avoid starting a conversation where I get the advice of all the experts...all 51 of them...I trust George

Why is everyone

concerned that I invited George to a message where I was asking about painting. I was trying to avoid starting a conversation where I get the advice of all the experts...all 51 of them...I trust George
George knows paint!

-
Back