Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Last time I was up that way was about three, four years ago for one of her family reunions. GPS took me to a ferry to get across the river. It was closed. Turned out one of her uncles runs it and closed it so he could go to the reunion. LOL I had to back track about 5 miles to a bridge to get over.

That's hilarious!
Was it the Gateway Clipper? That's the only ferry I know of haha

I apprenticed tattooing in Highschool, I'm hoping that kind of motion transfers over, such as speed and distance.

They seem just similar enough for me to try and justify it.. haha

Biggest thing in welding is position. Make sure you can see what your doing. It just takes practice.

Time for a short nap. Nice talking with both of you.

Biggest thing in welding is position. Make sure you can see what your doing. It just takes practice.

Time for a short nap. Nice talking with both of you.

Yeah, I've read you want to be maybe half an inch away, come in at an angle so you hit both pieces, and lean the tip to the left or right to kind of open up a pocket of vision. Sound about right?

That's hilarious!
Was it the Gateway Clipper? That's the only ferry I know of haha

I believe so. I have to ask her when she gets up for work.
What was funny was nobody in the area could tell us how to get over. We had to call a family member to tell us about the bridge.

I apprenticed tattooing in Highschool, I'm hoping that kind of motion transfers over, such as speed and distance.

They seem just similar enough for me to try and justify it.. haha

well maybe ...I have never given or received any tattoos so I don't know much about that but I imagine it could be similar.....just keep your eye on the little puddle of molten metal at the tip and move it wherever you want to go.

I believe so. I have to ask her when she gets up for work.
What was funny was nobody in the area could tell us how to get over. We had to call a family member to tell us about the bridge.

Pittsburgh roads are the worst, I swear they took a map of the city, through some yarn all over it and were like "Welp, that's it, that's the plan for the roads, let's build it." haha

Yeah, I've read you want to be maybe half an inch away, come in at an angle so you hit both pieces, and lean the tip to the left or right to kind of open up a pocket of vision. Sound about right?

Everyone is different, but yes good starting point. Some push the weld, others drag it.

Well I really have to go my heads starting to bounce. LOL

well maybe ...I have never given or received any tattoos so I don't know much about that but I imagine it could be similar.....just keep your eye on the little puddle of molten metal at the tip and move it wherever you want to go.

The similarities I noticed were:

- Going too fast will rip skin/lack depth/color v.s. lack molten metal/strength
- Going too slow will rip or bevel skin v.s. bubbled metal, air in the weld, etc
- Too far away = ink won't be deep enough to last v.s. too far will splash the molten metal
- Too close will bevel skin/go too deep v.s. too close will burn through/splash metal

Good morning all. Looks like the cafe' was open for a while over night. Running a welding workshop in the off hours...

Good morning Keith and Ray, hope everyone has a dandy day

Morning Mike. I got about three hours between 2 and 5. Since the wife can't have most of the traditional Thanksgiving food, she has pulled out the flour and eggs. Homemade pasta is on the menu.

Morning Mike. I got about three hours between 2 and 5. Since the wife can't have most of the traditional Thanksgiving food, she has pulled out the flour and eggs. Homemade pasta is on the menu.
So that is what pasta is made of, I have never seen it made :coffee2:
My sleep hours are screwed up, slept from 8pm to midnight and herd an old loud truck out here on our road so I got dressed and watched them set for about 5 minutes and put the high beams on them, they turned around and drove away, fell back to sleep about 2 am, and here I am waiting for Treva to wake up... another day another way :coffee2:

So that is what pasta is made of, I have never seen it made :coffee2:
My sleep hours are screwed up, slept from 8pm to midnight and herd an old loud truck out here on our road so I got dressed and watched them set for about 5 minutes and put the high beams on them, they turned around and drove away, fell back to sleep about 2 am, and here I am waiting for Treva to wake up... another day another way :coffee2:

Hang in there Mike better days are always just around the bend. I have to get my rear in gear. Trash and recycle day and they come early. Catch you folks later.

Gettin closer now. Yesterday, I pulled the old fuel tank and fuel lines and front to back brake lines. Replaced the lines with new ones. Got the rest of the original exhaust off. Replaced the front Em brake cable. Check the Mopar stampings on the muffler. I think It was never off the car before. Correct Tips and all.
Today is the Big day. Engine and trans goes in today !!!

Attachments

• WIN_20151124_124430.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 79
  • WIN_20151124_124225.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 83
  • WIN_20151124_124219.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 83
  • WIN_20151124_172440.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 86
Good morning Ben, looks like Mitch has been busy for sure!! Way to go Mitch!!

I see Ty bought the welder I found for him! He got a great deal on it, he was going to rent one for all that stuff he has to do mike.
How are things going? Have not talked in a bit.

-
Back