Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hope you feel better soon...I'm hit with back pain every now and then and it usually takes a few days to completely sort itself out. I found stretching forward as far as possible once a day helps.

No, We got about 5"...

Ever since a week and a half ago when I slept crooked and kinked my neck, I can't sit or lay down for too long at a time without having pain. It got a little better, but now has moved lower. I have a stabbing pain between my shoulder blades and sometimes it shoots down my arm...

I've tried pain pills to help numb the pain, but it can't kill it all. I hate to take pills, but it hurts that much that I have to sometimes. Other times, I just suck it up and try to deal with it. It's hard to be cheery when you are in pain, so I have just been checking in once in a while so I don't say anything that I'll regret later because I'm grumpy from the pain... :violent1:

I try to lie, recline, and sit to ease some of the pain, but I have to keep changing it up to minimize the discomfort. I hate pinched nerves.... :finga:

Then, last week on Monday night, my dog chased a skunk and got a little sprayed. Luckily not a direct hit, but he got some in the front (nose, face, and shoulders). I gave him "the bath" and it's better now, but you can still smell a trace of it if you get near his face. :banghead:

I can only be on-line for 15-30 minutes at a time until my back and neck get a stabbing pain.

Hope you feel better soon...I'm hit with back pain every now and then and it usually takes a few days to completely sort itself out. I found stretching forward as far as possible once a day helps.

KUDA, Sounds like its time for an MRI, I have permanent nerve damage on my left side from"letting it go". Permanent numbness and tingling. Get yourself checked out.

$_35.JPG

No, We got about 5"...

Ever since a week and a half ago when I slept crooked and kinked my neck, I can't sit or lay down for too long at a time without having pain. It got a little better, but now has moved lower. I have a stabbing pain between my shoulder blades and sometimes it shoots down my arm...

I've tried pain pills to help numb the pain, but it can't kill it all. I hate to take pills, but it hurts that much that I have to sometimes. Other times, I just suck it up and try to deal with it. It's hard to be cheery when you are in pain, so I have just been checking in once in a while so I don't say anything that I'll regret later because I'm grumpy from the pain... :violent1:

I try to lie, recline, and sit to ease some of the pain, but I have to keep changing it up to minimize the discomfort. I hate pinched nerves.... :finga:

Then, last week on Monday night, my dog chased a skunk and got a little sprayed. Luckily not a direct hit, but he got some in the front (nose, face, and shoulders). I gave him "the bath" and it's better now, but you can still smell a trace of it if you get near his face. :banghead:

I can only be on-line for 15-30 minutes at a time until my back and neck get a stabbing pain.
I have back issues too. Until it gets too bad I won't go the medical/ orthopedic doctor. My chiropractor fixes me up just fine. Sometimes I go a month or more without a adjustment. Sometimes I have to go every week or so for a couple weeks.

I have back issues too. Until it gets too bad I won't go the medical/ orthopedic doctor. My chiropractor fixes me up just fine. Sometimes I go a month or more without a adjustment. Sometimes I have to go every week or so for a couple weeks.

I need to get an adjustment, it's been over 10 years since I had one...

It's part of an old "war injury" from '88 I was rear ended by a drunk driver going over 90 mph on the highway.

Hey Karl,I been immobilized at times from back pain due to my trade of turning wrenches for a living.I know what works for lower back pain and may not work for your pain.
I lay on the floor against the wall with my legs straight up the wall and my butt as close to wall as I can get it and stretch my calves and hamstrings for a long as I can stand it.
Sometimes when your lower back is hurting it really your lower bodies that stressing out your upper body...
My dad use to sit in a chair at a door way with a pulley over the door with a 5lb weight on the end and rope coming over under his neck to pull up on his spine while he read a book for a hour...he was a doctor...took care of his pinch nerve...I thought he was hanging himself.LOL
Hope you heal soon Brother !!!

Well, got a starter welder to practice mig welding with. Read a couple reviews on this welder, most of the bad reviews were due to shipping or something that didn't have anything to do with actual welding. Guy says he owned it for 4 weeks since he had to weld some exhaust for a bike, then his work supplied him with a Hobart Welder and Jackson helmet. So I got a decent "starter kit" deal.

22665604353_b73eeaf065_c.jpg

22665851503_9436319fca_c.jpg

22997170750_74bd8a48d7_c.jpg

22925069779_4fcf949744_c.jpg

Welder: Speedway Series 125 Amp Flux Welder
Helmer: Hobart Discover VS
1x Spool of "Inweld Auto welding wire" which can't be used with the machine since it's not flux
2x 1lb Lincoln Flux wire spools.

Need to pick up some gloves and at least an apron tomorrow.

The only thing I don't like is how the helmet sits, it has a weird strap as opposed to what a typical helmet/hard hat would have.

23266861956_7750dd3e17_c.jpg

I need to wear a hat so it doesn't bob around. May just pick up some goggles instead, would rather do that then accidentally flash myself.

Sorry for the spam, just excited to try it out.

Well, got a starter welder to practice mig welding with. Read a couple reviews on this welder, most of the bad reviews were due to shipping or something that didn't have anything to do with actual welding. Guy says he owned it for 4 weeks since he had to weld some exhaust for a bike, then his work supplied him with a Hobart Welder and Jackson helmet. So I got a decent "starter kit" deal.

22665604353_b73eeaf065_c.jpg

22665851503_9436319fca_c.jpg

22997170750_74bd8a48d7_c.jpg

22925069779_4fcf949744_c.jpg

Welder: Speedway Series 125 Amp Flux Welder
Helmer: Hobart Discover VS
1x Spool of "Inweld Auto welding wire" which can't be used with the machine since it's not flux
2x 1lb Lincoln Flux wire spools.

Need to pick up some gloves and at least an apron tomorrow.

The only thing I don't like is how the helmet sits, it has a weird strap as opposed to what a typical helmet/hard hat would have.

23266861956_7750dd3e17_c.jpg

I need to wear a hat so it doesn't bob around. May just pick up some goggles instead, would rather do that then accidentally flash myself.

Sorry for the spam, just excited to try it out.

Nice looking set up.
Wear the helmet. Unless you want a sun tan. Plus most burning goggles, if that's what you want to use won't protect your eyes properly.

Nice looking set up.
Wear the helmet. Unless you want a sun tan. Plus most burning goggles, if that's what you want to use won't protect your eyes properly.

Thanks Ray! I was messing around with it a little earlier, seems to spark and feed the wire pretty well. Excited to do my "first weld."

As far as the helmet, you got it! Maybe I'll swing by Lowes and see if I can get the "head piece" part of a hardhat to swap out. Or I'll make shift a solution to tighten this one.

Thanks Ray! I was messing around with it a little earlier, seems to spark and feed the wire pretty well. Excited to do my "first weld."

As far as the helmet, you goot it! Maybe I'll swing by Lowes and see if I can get the "head piece" part of a hardhat to swap out. Or I'll make shift a solution to tighten this one.

Whos consumables does it use. Tips? Looks like a tweco type gun.

As far as the helmet, you got it! Maybe I'll swing by Lowes and see if I can get the "head piece" part of a hardhat to swap out. Or I'll make shift a solution to tighten this one.

congrats, you are now one of the few, the proud....the defenders against rust.

BTW: how do you like the mopar action Mag? its been years since I picked up a mopar action. I was getting away from magazines ever since the fiat challengers rolled in. Do they still cover real mopar cars?

If it's just loose you can buy sweat guards that go over the front band. That should give you more adjustment, and some padding for your forehead.

BTW: how do you like the mopar action Mag? its been years since I picked up a mopar action. I was getting away from magazines ever since the fiat challengers rolled in. Do they still cover real mopar cars?

Good middle of the night to you, LOL

Good middle of the night to you, LOL

I am a vampire smurf so I never sleep ....I am feeling extra hungry because its a full moon ...so I am eating a burger from McDonalds since that is the most similar thing anyone can find to a dead body. HAHA

I am a vampire smurf so I never sleep ....I am feeling extra hungry because its a full moon ...so I am eating a burger from McDonalds since that is the most similar thing anyone can find to a dead body. HAHA

Now that's funny. Did you check out the Dukes belt buckle in the other stuff for sale section?

It's pretty good, they still feature a ton of classics and aren't really riding on the Hellcat like a lot of the ones out there. I pick it up anytime I see a new one at Giant Eagle. If you're looking for some neat builds, check out Mopar Muscle, there was a Madmax styled Chrysler 300 featured last month, was pretty ingenious. Flat Black, Huge blower out the hood, just a cool concept really.

It's a Kende gun, so to my knowledge pretty much any Northern Industrial/Tweco/Harbor Freight brand should fit.

Keep us posted how it works. So you live in the Pittsburg area? My wife's family on her fathers side is from there. They have a fairly large family reunion every year.

Keep us posted how it works. So you live in the Pittsburg area? My wife's family on her fathers side is from there. They have a fairly large family reunion every year.

Will do, hopefully I can comeback tomorrow with at least one weld picture that doesn't look like garbage :D

I'm more towards Shaler, but yeah, about 10-15mins from Pittsburgh.

Will do, hopefully I can comeback tomorrow with at least one weld picture that doesn't look like garbage :D

no matter how long you weld .....you always have one here and there that doesn't look very good.

I started with flux core and then I got a Lincoln with a bottle for Christmas years ago. and I still have brain fart here and there.

Think "roll of dimes"

no matter how long you weld .....you always have one here and there that doesn't look very good.

I started with flux core and then I got a Lincoln with a bottle for Christmas years ago. and I still have brain fart here and there.

Think "roll of dimes"

I apprenticed tattooing in Highschool, I'm hoping that kind of motion transfers over, such as speed and distance.

They seem just similar enough for me to try and justify it.. haha

Last time I was up that way was about three, four years ago for one of her family reunions. GPS took me to a ferry to get across the river. It was closed. Turned out one of her uncles runs it and closed it so he could go to the reunion. LOL I had to back track about 5 miles to a bridge to get over.

-
Back