Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
23314790745_8a131e93b4_z.jpg

Well, I completed my first 2 welds. I just welded to L-wedges together to make a U shape, nothing special.

The first U shape broke apart with a hammer and wrench, but no2 is still going strong.
23232216491_99b57e9bae_c.jpg

I ended up doing 3 spot welds on the inside first, then 3 on outside, connected those lines. Then finished up by connecting the inner spot welds. It's not pretty by any chance but I don't think it's too bad for a first time ever.

23232217761_6cd54bebca_z.jpg

Just wanted to thank Ray (Halifax) for finding the welder for me on CL. The mask and welder both work great.

Well, I completed my first 2 welds. I just welded to L-wedges together to make a U shape, nothing special.

The first U shape broke apart with a hammer and wrench, but no2 is still going strong.

what are you setting your heat at ??

you are not using any extension cords ....right?? you need to plug directly into a strong outlet (ask me how I know about that)

looks like you need way more heat.

you are not using any extension cords ....right?? you need to plug directly into a strong outlet (ask me how I know about that)

Mine only lets me do "min and max" but it lets me change the wire feed speed.
No extension cords. The first was max heat with a fast wire speed (13/15) and the second was done on Low with a slower speed of (5/15).

Mine only lets me do "min and max" but it lets me change the wire feed speed.
No extension cords. The first was max heat with a fast wire speed (13/15) and the second was done on Low with a slower speed of (5/15).

then maybe stay on it a little longer till you see it melt a bit more ......just a suggestion.

You are definitely on your way.

then maybe stay on it a little longer till you see it melt a bit more ......just a suggestion.

You are definitely on your way.

My buddy was saying it looked like I was going too fast, so that's probably it.

Right now I'm gunshy of pulling the trigger, like getting that first spark startles me, but once I get going it's all good. haha

Puddle, move half a puddle, puddle, move half a puddle. You have a Flux core welder and the slang will have to be chipped.

Hey folks. I skipped a few pages. :)

I do most every time I log in, Good morning from Arkansas :coffee2: today is Thanks giving day here, I am thankful to have members like you here from Sweden :glasses7:

Going I guess, Lawyer is clearing up some B.S my brother did screwing up paper work, I have been relaxing in the deer blind and fishing a bit to fill the freezer, most of my life is locked up until my lawyer gets things dun ! Jack slapping my brother and sister in law would feel good some days........

Just Eileen and I today. She made the pasta yesterday, and it's been drying overnight. She's baking a non sugar Cherry pie for me today.

I'll be firing up the old tempest convert. That's in the garage AKA Homer car. She asked to have it put up again this year as part of the Christmas light decorations.

Geeez, Mike, I hope that all goes well for ya. Tempest as Decoration, Ray?

Mitch, it's a running basket case. I parked it against a tree a few years ago with a Homer Simpson dummy. Looked like it crashed. Had light up deer jumping over it a couple elves beating on Homer and a Santa above it in the tree. I estimate at minimum thirty people knocked at my door to ask if they could take pictures with themselves in the car with him.

Last few years I just hung him upside down or sitting ing a smaller tree wraped in lights.
She wants the car back this year.

http://www.forpontiacsonly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149&d=1431289171

Mike hang in . relax and enjoy life. Things always work out.

Thank you men, I will, and try not to think about any of that chit the rest of the day.. I have gotten to the point of not caring if I put it in the public forums becouse they don't call or give a rats *** it seems .. Have a good day, have a couple things to get started on that needs my full attention by the cook stove..

This,& how's your ground connection, on the welding project.? Rust, oil /lubrication contamination/ some flat edges need a .030"-090" bevel ground ,for better penetrating. Rani/Rainy , is spot on ...

Mitch, it's a running basket case. I parked it against a tree a few years ago with a Homer Simpson dummy. Looked like it crashed. Had light up deer jumping over it a couple elves beating on Homer and a Santa above it in the tree. I estimate at minimum thirty people knocked at my door to ask if they could take pictures with themselves in the car with him.

Last few years I just hung him upside down or sitting ing a smaller tree wraped in lights.
She wants the car back this year.

http://www.forpontiacsonly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=149&d=1431289171

Mike hang in . relax and enjoy life. Things always work out.

That's Hilarious Ray !!

Good morning and Happy Turkey Day

Ray, can you post Homer pics here? The link take me to th Pontiac site, but maybe need to be a member to open pics?

-
Back