Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Dumbass me took the oxy acet tanks to Scully without calling first to make sure they had prestolite type in stock. Of course they didn't. Have to go back Fri or Mon. Will call first! Traffic was just what you'ld expect on a day like today.
Im still a Penn. Welding supply guy .
Have been for 40 plus years.
They just moved from Huntingpark ave.. To Feasterville.

Im still a Peen. Welding supply guy .
I was using JB Martin. He was the only down here carrying the ones that use a T handle key. But the valves on the acet tanks weren't always shutting off fully. PIA. Then he didn't have anything in for weeks. So I called around and Scully carries a similar style tank, but doesn't need the key. Apparently around here most folks use a different style gage set.

The well known I stopped reading his posts long ago. The other fella is OK, but the threads he started recently do reveal more than I wanted to know. I'm not posting in any of them. It was funny when someone was surprised that a person could be a believer and be very technically anal. I encountered that at my first engineering job. Several born agains, and also very good techs.
Reminds me of a funny story of Thomas Edison's bigotry.
The ones that always blew my mind were the devout creationists that work as archeologists. They just refuse to believe any archeological evidence of anything older than the age they believe the planet is according to their faith. Anything that appears to be older than that they believe was just created when the earth was born.

I could never reconcile how it was logical that the earth was created with fossils that appear to be millions of years old just for our entertainment. Yet, somehow they had no problem accepting that.

Two small bottles two nedium bottles and no torches. They were given to me.
I should make some heavy wind chimes....

Im still a Penn. Welding supply guy .
Seen this type of acetylene tank there in recent years? (and yes I need to install some sort of tie down system in the back of the wagon...)

IMG_7568.JPG

Found my transmission bands, rockauto. Cheap.
Will check with my builder in the morning, if he can get, then off i go.
Otherwise i wait a week.

The ones that always blew my mind were the devout creationists that work as archeologists. They just refuse to believe any archeological evidence of anything older than the age they believe the planet is according to their faith. Anything that appears to be older than that they believe was just created when the earth was born.

I could never reconcile how it was logical that the earth was created with fossils that appear to be millions of years old just for our entertainment. Yet, somehow they had no problem accepting that.
There are some fields where literal interpretation does seem to conflict, but people rationalize in amazing ways.....

Funny you bring that up; my newest reading is Gods, Graves, and Scholars: The Story of Archaeology by C. W. Ceram. Talking with my friend - an archaeologist/classical & historical, he thought it still held up and after reading the first chapter I agree.

There are some fields where literal interpretation does seem to conflict, but people rationalize in amazing ways.....

Funny you bring that up; my newest reading is Gods, Graves, and Scholars: The Story of Archaeology by C. W. Ceram. Talking with my friend - an archaeologist/classical & historical, he thought it still held up and after reading the first chapter I agree.
My theory is. In a few thousand years or so. Whatever survives what's on the horizon.
They will dig up little mouse like creatures. Discover it was called Mickey.
And declare past unknown civilizations worshipped it as a god.
Come to think of it that's really close to reality for some people.

My theory is. In a few thousand years or so. Whatever survives what's on the horizon.
They will dig up little mouse like creatures. Discover it was called Mickey.
And declare past unknown civilizations worshipped it as a god.
Come to think of it that's really close to reality for some people.
Ever read Motel of the Mysteries. David Macaulay?
Sort of an version of that idea

I just bought the sun engine analyzer.... :BangHead:

Hopefully it all works, but as long as one of them does, it should be worth the money... :D

Ever read Motel of the Mysteries. David Macaulay?
Sort of an version of that idea
I guess I will have to now.
I had planned on driving to Alaska.
My daughter informed me she bought me first class tickets.
So against my better judgement, and a total disreg card for my health.
I guess I will be riding on yet another flying germ box.
So a little light reading will be in order.
Any other suggestions I can read.

I actually have that type.
That's all I ever saw until moving here. I think they're still the safeest design, LH threads and high collar.
A couple of places have tried to get me to use adapters - but they're ****. Shouldn't even be allowed to use them unless there is a seat. It also means my gages are facing 45 degrees to the ground - lot of good that does when trying to read them. :rolleyes:

I guess I will have to now.
I had planned on driving to Alaska.
My daughter informed me she bought me first class tickets.
So against my better judgement, and a total disreg card for my health.
I guess I will be riding on yet another flying germ box.
So a little light reading will be in order.
Any other suggestions I can read.
Well that one will only last you a half hour or a bit more...

-
Back