Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, gave up on my transmission guy,ordered bands online.
Next week, transmission will be done.

So hockey playoffs take precedent over dropping off a vehicle. Twice in a week. And im not giving them a 3rd chance “at their convenience” its now at my convenience, aparrently thats not good enough. See ya!
Over a 50 dollar tire swap.
That's bizarre. Sucks you gottsa order stuff like that from a mail order house.

My secretary got the mail today. There was a box from 'CondomNation' in PA, addressed to RICK handsome man SWEENEY. She cracked up..

Thank you my twisted friend..

I think standard suspension got 5 leaves and HD got 6.
You find any evidence of HD suspension options for any Plymouth of Dodge that year? Not listed in the dealer books at HH. And if the lengths at Stengels webstie are correct, it looks like a one year only spring pack.

Yeah, not like the old days. Now they count the cans and give you only a slight tolerance around the count. Each can weighs about 1/2 oz empty.
When I went visiting my dad in Maine, I drank bottled water, and when done, tossed in trash. Every morning, he'd pull the empties out of trash when I wasn't looking. Last day of my visit, I saw him pulling the empty bottles.. Didn't know there was a deposit on them in ME. I would have brought him a couple million of them from home had I known.

Bummer, looking forward to seeing you crazy guys again!
Sorry. I'm not big on car shows. I've been to Carlisle but once.
Driving events are what I've penciled in. A PoconoTracknite coming up next week. We'll see if I can get my act together.

When I went visiting my dad in Maine, I drank bottled water, and when done, tossed in trash. Every morning, he'd pull the empties out of trash when I wasn't looking. Last day of my visit, I saw him pulling the empty bottles.. Didn't know there was a deposit on them in ME. I would have brought him a couple million of them from home had I known.
Yeah, Delaware had that for a while and you got 5 cents per bottle, up to $25 per day while it lasted. A lot of people supplemented their income collecting them and turning them in.

Yeah, Delaware had that for a while and you got 5 cents per bottle, up to $25 per day while it lasted. A lot of people supplemented their income collecting them and turning them in.
Sid you see where Deleware is running a pilot program.
They want to do away with gas tax and charge mileage instead.

So how does that work with out if state drive rs?

Just one of the issues/problems with that system...Ca. has thought of that as well.....

You find any evidence of HD suspension options for any Plymouth of Dodge that year? Not listed in the dealer books at HH. And if the lengths at Stengels webstie are correct, it looks like a one year only spring pack.
For Dodge Darts:
I haven't found any factory information yet but Classic Industries has listings for "standard 5 leaf and HD 6 leaf springs". I'll keep looking for factory information. Lots of options but they are just listed as "HD Option".

Dodge Dart Parts | Suspension | Springs | Leaf Springs | Classic Industries

Last edited:

Yeah, more fuel efficient cars means lower tax revenues. They are all just trying to figure out how to keep the money rolling in.

The pilot programs are all still in the early stages, running off of grant money. It’s the age old problem of figuring out how to divide up the revenues from interstate commerce when each state has open borders that they can’t restrict travel through. It’s the same issue with sales taxes across the state borders. Delaware has no sales tax so people drive there and make purchases and the state they are from gets no tax revenue for the sale.

I wonder how long it will take for the states to recognize that they need to band together and make it all universal? This whole republic of states thing just doesn’t work in the modern era like it did 100 years ago.

Just one of the issues/problems with that system...Ca. has thought of that as well.....
I think Ca had plans for us to BUY a tracking device to record that info. They have to do something to maintain the $ for maintenance of the highways. More Hybrids+more Plug-Ins=Less revenue.

Interesting. The 66 spec is 5 1/2 leaf for the 4 barrel V8. Under "Suspension". I must have counted the wrong end. I counted 6 leaves on my originals. LOL :BangHead:
Capture.JPG

Interesting. The 66 spec is 5 1/2 leaf for the 4 barrel V8. Under "Suspension". I must have counted the wrong end. I counted 6 leaves on my originals. LOL :BangHead:
View attachment 1715171570
I don't think it really matters anyway unless you are doing a bone stock restoration. It doesn’t matter what’s in there now, replace it with what SHOULD be in there for how you are going to use it.

That plus sand, and you have a plan...a pinch of sand in each can before you crush them and you get 25% more at the recycling center!

:rofl:
yeah that's a D felony in this state and highly unethical. Most scrap yards now won't buy crushed cans because of that

I haven't found any factory information yet but Classic Industries has listings for "standard 5 leaf and HD 6 leaf springs". I'll keep looking for factory information. Lots of options but they are just listed as "HD Option".

Dodge Dart Parts | Suspension | Springs | Leaf Springs | Classic Industries

Hmm I have a fender tag. Would it tell me?

-
Back