Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Master bath remodel still making good progress. The sheet rock and bead board is done. The rest should be done tomorrow with only a bit of mud sanding and paint left for Monday.

99BA7C25-1B63-4AF6-8285-2DCBC0D3D54B.jpeg

096F1F52-0E3D-4059-8752-8C4395A2EC9B.jpeg

Tyvek is good stuff when you're inside a liquid asphalt tank that has been through time half filled with coke. Just wad it up and dispose of it in the "oily debris" barrel. The next go round I had with that tank I cut a hatch in it big enough for a backhoe bucket to do all but the cleanup work and made a removable lid for it.

Are you installing jacuzzi tub in that space?
Nope, ripped a leaking one out. The toilet is being relocated from a tiny closet into the new space.

Here’s what it used to look like...

C00ACC16-EE64-42CF-83BF-95470B0855E8.jpeg

36D0C019-7171-43E2-A8D7-DB0E027830B8.jpeg

To give you an idea how small that toilet closet was, here is a trash can in the space after the toilet was removed...

03242F6C-3B0B-4B42-A681-C5B76B7EE9AA.jpeg

The closet will be reclaimed for linens.

Who the hell designed that?!!? LOL

That will be a nice upgrade
Stupid builder, before we bought the place.

They never told the people they built the house for that selecting the Jaccuzi tub option meant your toilet is going into the linen closet. It was the single reason I almost didn’t buy the house. :BangHead:

Stupid builder, before we bought the place.

They never told the people they built the house for that selecting the Jaccuzi tub option meant your toilet is going into the linen closet. It was the single reason I almost didn’t buy the house. :BangHead:
I totally understand why.. I would of been shaking my head and wondering WTF while looking at that house. I've seen some really bad houses, with bad ideas while trying to finding ours,but never a toilet in the linen closet.

I totally understand why.. I would of been shaking my head and wondering WTF while looking at that house. I've seen some really bad houses, with bad ideas while trying to finding ours,but never a toilet in the linen closet.
If I hadn’t been able to beat the hell out of the seller and get the place for 20% below market value, I would have walked away over this one issue. But since I saved more than enough in the purchase price to justify the remodel, I’m ok with it.

I will just be glad when it’s done. I have had to live with it for 2 years now because the wife wanted the deck put on the house first.

Actually... I don't think it let me post last time I tried. Was Sunday or Monday I think... some sort of glitch I guess.
Nope, it was just you. :poke:

Its supposed to rain on Saturday at the Car show. Last time my windshield gasket leaked so bad I had 2 inches of water on the floor. Does anyone have any ideas of what to use to cover the car? At least the roof to cover the front and back glass.

Do they make water proof car covers?
Depends

I can attest to the snow proof part! You can see the 66 with a foot of snow on it on the bottom left...

View attachment 1715182285
I just see snow, no 66

Are you installing jacuzzi tub in that space?
:rofl:

Oops!!! Ummmm... yes... retirement is wonderful!!!! Sitting on the beach sipping umbrella drinks, cool salt flavored air blowing against your skin... OR.... sitting on the deck of a cabin back in the woods... smell of wood smoke wafting gently on the breeze... as a giant buck strolls along the tree line and a whipporwill softly calls as the fireflies dance in the dusky light. :lol::lol::lol:
Oh He** Yeah!! :thumbsup:

I live in cottage country.
Would like a house in St.Thomas. I liked it there.

-
Back