Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have a buddy that does HVAC work. Got a big squirrel cage fan from a home AC unit. Those puppies will push some air.
Yes they do, I have a squirrel cage fan from a home AC unit, but this one took it's place last year, where you see it it keep bugs off of us on the deck, moves tones of air quietly

20245667_1744933885521950_6983337285226984107_n.jpg

Think i will head to the coffee shop early, catch my tire guy and
See if i can make a couple deals..

My new garage will have ac/heat.

Being a small one, 30x40, it will have one of those split electric ac/heat units.

My new garage will have ac/heat.

Being a small one, 30x40, it will have one of those split electric ac/heat units.
that's the size I'm looking at building this time next year. I was going to try to do it this year but I have a LOT of clearing work to do yet. Some to re-do after recent storms busted tops out of a couple trees across that drive way I cleared the other month.

Good morning all, time to water the garden before the heat hit's , yall have a dandy day :thumbsup:

I think I already posted, but we have a local guy who puts up Morton buildings. He worked for Morton and then went on his own 15 years ago. He gives many more options to your building than Morton does. Asking around he is the farming community's main builder in this part of the state. Mine will be no challenge and done pretty quickly. I'm calling him today, and hopefully get this started. I'm sure he's booked so not looking for it until late fall, or next spring.

I think I already posted, but we have a local guy who puts up Morton buildings. He worked for Morton and then went on his own 15 years ago. He gives many more options to your building than Morton does. Asking around he is the farming community's main builder in this part of the state. Mine will be no challenge and done pretty quickly. I'm calling him today, and hopefully get this started. I'm sure he's booked so not looking for it until late fall, or next spring.
nice, if you don't mind me asking, did he say how much it costs to put one up? I'm getting quotes of nearly 6,000 just for materials(i plan on putting it up myself)

nice, if you don't mind me asking, did he say how much it costs to put one up? I'm getting quotes of nearly 6,000 just for materials(i plan on putting it up myself)
I haven't talked to him yet. I'll let you know when I get an estimate. My big one will be concrete. I have a drive from my driveway,, along the north side of the house to where the garage will be. Then I have a pad that will be thicker than usual for the lift. Glad I have a buddy who owns a concrete business.

I haven't talked to him yet. I'll let you know when I get an estimate. My big one will be concrete. I have a drive from my driveway,, along the north side of the house to where the garage will be. Then I have a pad that will be thicker than usual for the lift. Glad I have a buddy who owns a concrete business.
nice. I think I'm going to go with 8 inches of M70 grade on mine. adds about 50% to the cost of the concrete but its literally bomb grade and will hold up for decades

I have an old retired car buddy who is a engineer specializing in concrete construction. He made millions. He has given me several ideas on what to do, and what I want the concrete people to do. My side drive will be on a small slope so will be poured in a couple layers, reinforced, etc.. The pad he also said to do something different so it'd never crack. We talked a couple years ago about it. Reminds me next time I go over to his place I need to write it all down.

-
Back